Photo
- - - - -

Question about my brother

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

When I was an upperclassmen in HS I taught younger kids how to play drums and marimbas. One of my students always was very quiet and reserved. It became more obvious she was depressed instead of shy. For some reason she would talk to me a decent amount. One day she has deep cuts in her hands. I went to every teacher, guidance councillor, and the principal. Told her parents too. I could tell she was more torubled than suicidal, she was acting out. But I couldn't really give her the benefit of a doubt. She got institutionalized but I don't know where. A week later she was back but only went to class and was watched over. I think she went to in-school counciling.

Once you pass a certain point people have no choice but to take action. You can't really but the blame on anybody but the patient. It's a very catious policy doctors and the authorities have but "better safe than sorry" is the right policy.

I don't see why they took him in an ambulance if he wasn't suicidal. Did you say he went involuntarily? Things would be different and a lot better if he went voluntarily. Its actually because he went involuntarily that you are footing more of the bill. If he went voluntarily they would have taken less precations. When you go involuntarily they essentially arrest you.

#62 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

How are the authorities to know he "was never a harm"? You said it wasn't the first time he had done something like this. I think there's some denial about his relative mental health here.

Well that's why I think the Secret Service should have done a little more investigating before calling the 51/50. Sometimes when you write, your emotions become words and even when you proof read it, you don't notice what you've done wrong. If that equates to someone being mentally unstable, then I don't what doesn't.

#63 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

Well that's why I think the Secret Service should have done a little more investigating before calling the 51/50. Sometimes when you write, your emotions become words and even when you proof read it, you don't notice what you've done wrong. If that equates to someone being mentally unstable, then I don't what doesn't.

Look man. The cops in question acted within the law and believe it or not in your brothers best interest. What would you have been saying on here if instead of running him to the hospital for evaluation they had decided that he was completely "in control" and had just threatened the Pres? Then he would be sitting in lockup for a treasonous felony and the cost of the legal team would have been much higher than the cost of a long weekend in the hospital.

Free speech notwithstanding, you don't get to communicate a written threat to the PotUS and not have to answer for it. It sucks that the bill for a few days observation is 4k, but next time maybe he wont drop that letter in the mail.

Edited by Inimicus, 16 February 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#64 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Look man. The cops in question acted within the law and believe it or not in your brothers best interest. What would you have been saying on here if instead of running him to the hospital for evaluation they had decided that he was completely "in control" and had just threatened the Pres? Then he would be sitting in lockup for a treasonous felony and the cost of the legal team would have been much higher than the cost of a long weekend in the hospital.

Free speech notwithstanding, you don't get to communicate a written threat to the PotUS and not have to answer for it. It sucks that the bill for a few days observation is 4k, but next time maybe he wont drop that letter in the mail.

no way in hell. the ss didnt even show up and local 5.0 couldnt do anything about it anyway. he should have told them to go fug themselves.

#65 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

no way in hell. the ss didnt even show up and local 5.0 couldnt do anything about it anyway. he should have told them to go fug themselves.

all I can say to that is wow...

That's naive at incomprehensible levels.

#66 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

It's always a real shame when someone does something stupid and has to pay the consequences for their actions. Responsibility is unjust. Accountability is cruel and unusual punishment. Blah blah blah.