Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cromartie Anyone?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

Chargers shopping him for a runningback or possible draft picks... Goodson and a third? Doubt it will happen

Note*. I would not give up Jstew or Deangelo Williams unless they give Cromartie and a first

Posted · Report post

CB is not one of our more pressing needs... I don't think so.

Posted · Report post

No thanks. The Panthers have bigger needs than CB. Besides, I think Cromartie is a tad overrated. He had a monster playoff run a few years back, but hasn't done much since. Quentin Jammer has become their #1 CB and has outplayed Cromartie.

Posted · Report post

I agree... and just for the record this will never happen. Fox and company wouldn't take a gamble for cromartie (pun)

Posted · Report post

A pretty good case has been made against Cromartie already in this thread, but I would say no simply because a CB is at the bottom of our list of needs right now.

Posted · Report post

HELL no. Gamble/Marshall are both better than Cromartie. You know why? Cromartie is bitch that is afraid of making contact. He's one of those players who instead of making contact to break up a pass, he'll use his athleticism to try and make a highlight reel pick. While he makes the occasional big play, he gives up so many, I don't want that.

Here are some pictures to show how afraid Cromartie is to make contact..

5kkln4.jpg

^that's him being afraid to make a tackle and giving up a touchdown run that gave Jets a 2 score lead.

2ngqzbn.gif

^that's him being afraid to push the pile, giving Jets a first down and essentially securing the game.

He is fast, can jump high, and is one of the most athletic CB's in the league, but none of that matters if he is afraid to DO HIS JOB and make tackles. No thanks at him being a Panther.

damn rep for those gifs

Posted · Report post

Explosive returner but avg corner at best. Would only be an option at nickelback and I like captain there so would have to say no thanks

Posted · Report post

Did you just imply that Goodson has trade value?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol @ suggesting Goodson.

Posted · Report post

Croooooooooooooom!

Posted · Report post

Did you just imply that Goodson has trade value?

good point