Photo
- - - - -

Thomas Jones calls out Brett Favre

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

Unnamed Jets player now being quoted as saying that Favre was distant and had very little to do with teammates when he was at the practice facility.

Favre was a virtual god in Green Bay. He was treated there with an incredible amount of deferrence. I think he expected that same treatment to follow him wherever he went. Turns out it didn't.

(the grass isn't always greener)

#14 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Their players should be mad at management for making the move to acquire Farvre in the first place. Quite frankly, when people started talking about Farvre coming to the Panthers, it made my stomach churn. He was a great QB in his day, by you don't trade for 39yr old QB's, based on what they did in a completely different offensive system...unless you're just looking for a solid back up.

Really, the Panthers and Dolphins came out pretty good in that deal, because Miami got a solid veteran starter, and Carolina got a solid back up as insurance for Delhomme's elbow.

#15 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

We will see how much Jones' will complain next year when they have a new HC, a new QB maybe twice (might have a QB contest on who can start there if Farve leaves)

#16 SteveSmith23

SteveSmith23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

i dont really like the media call out of other players, but im sick of the halo that the media had put around favre for the most part, he did not deserve the pro bowl at all. and if the player reports are true that he spent alot of his time in private training and such away from the team then good, let people call him out. favre is finished and i hope he stays away from the game now, atleast as an active player

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Favre is WASHED UP. Has been for at least 3 seasons.

#18 Darth Hater

Darth Hater

Sunnyvale senior member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

It's about time somebody put that coach-killing premadonna in his place. Good for Thomas Jones.