#76 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

It's cool at least we have Jake locked up for a few years.

this really pisses me off.i know it was to make some cap room, but got damn.:conf:

#77 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

this is my thing,why not do this last year?if we all knew it would come to this, why the fo didnt.

Because we were buying time in hopes of negociating an agreement with him. Last year, that time cost us 16 million... this year it will cost us 20.

We didn't know it would come to this when we applied the tag last year. Infact, Julius and Mr. Richardson met and Julius authorized his agent to negociate with us, but it didn't work out.

Remember that there still may be a cap this year, it doesn't look like there will be but there is still a chance... so we have to do business under that assumption. If the Panthers were sure there was going to be no cap then we might spend the 20 million on Julius, but it's too big of a risk.

It will be hard to watch him go, but the $ it would take to buy more time with him just doesn't make sense anymore.

#78 Butterflyj30

Butterflyj30

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

:frown2:

#79 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

peppers - haynesworth - some dude - orakpo

What is the most expensive D-Line ever?

#80 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Peppers...Jerry...Babineaux....Abraham

My dear god

#81 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

catman i know what you are saying but still.they didnt offer anything after this season, they just said they havent made there mind on him yet.than he came out with the interview and so on,all im saying is they knew this could happen so why not avoid this headache by letting him walk the first time.

#82 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

My dear god

this is why as well,

#83 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

exactly.

that Dallas clip looks like he was just playing the run and watching (expecting) a cutback.....it didn't happen and then he kicked it into his top gear to try to catch back up.......that happens and easily could have been something they saw on tape and Pep was told to watch for.

#84 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

My dear god

Gross, Kalil, Otah & co can hold their own :D

#85 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hey samuel L. if this actually happens what kind of jereseys you got? Remember that promise you made muahahaha
Posted Image

#86 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, I actually agree. It is still a head-banging moment cuz I like Pep, but this does make sense. Especially with all these comments coming out about other teams questioning Peppers work ethic and whatnot.

I honestly think his agent is the cause of a lot of these problems.

"Yeah Julius, we should hold out until the last minute on signing the franchise thingy. In the meantime why don't you go practice your DT skills or DE or whatever it is you do."

#87 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,891 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

lol yeh that's how it goes when you hire your college drinking buddy as your agent

#88 GoreMetalJunkie

GoreMetalJunkie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

that Dallas clip looks like he was just playing the run and watching (expecting) a cutback.....it didn't happen and then he kicked it into his top gear to try to catch back up.......that happens and easily could have been something they saw on tape and Pep was told to watch for.

yeah that's a defensive ends duty sometimes, I know that. Pep is horrible against the run, that's all I was saying.

#89 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Don't be surprised if sometime between the Feb. 25 and March 4 Peppers signs long term with the Panthers. The Panthers are calling Carney's bluff and I think that Carney already knows what the market is for Peppers and was hoping to get the tag again or force the Panthers in a higher, $100 million plus contract in fear of Peppers hitting the market. The Panthers already have a contract on the table and that contract will be better than anything else Peppers gets offered.

#90 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Adam Schefter is now reporting that it is absolutely official: Peppers will not be tagged. www.twitter.com/adam_schefter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.