Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CatofWar

Ron Paul: What if the People Wake Up?

105 posts in this topic

So wait. You mean if we had mass amounts of oil or were a money laundering state we could do away with income tax? Why didn't someone say something earlier.

Stuck in the 80's I see.

Texas doesn't have income tax and makes up for it in property taxes that are a bit high but as you can see...they do well.

Article One, Section 8 of the US Constitution:

"The Congress shall have power To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

It is in the Constitution. How is it unconstitutional?

no you are wrong. first of all, there is no law that states citizens have to pay an income tax. in a constitutional republic, taxes are intended to be collected through a sales tax, and a capital gains tax. when you work, you are exchanging your labor (which you own) for money earned, therefore making it untaxable.

wow, you work for the IRS? your institution is completely unconstitional, and i hope one day youre out of a job. you are forced to operate like thugs, using fear tactics and threats of jail time in order to achieve voluntary compliance from individuals paying income taxes.

technically, income taxes are used to pay off the interest we owe the federal reserve for using their money (but who knows what they do with our money these days). if the federal reserve didn't exist, we wouldn't forever be in debt to them, (through interest owed) which would make the income tax in its essence obsolete. and what's even better, is there would be no more need for the mob, aka IRS. you want to talk about fixing the economy? get rid of the federal reserve and you would instantly see a boost. it makes absolutely zero sense to borrow money from a private establishment and consistently be in the red. imagine how much better off everyone would be if they were allowed to keep 100% of their earnings. spending would increase dramatically, therefore ensuing job expansion, as well as influencing less government dependancy.

you should watch "From Freedom to Facism", it may help you realize a little bit more about the corrupt entity you work for.

Oh Jesus here we go with the New World Order crap. Isolating ourselves from the world wouldn't be the best way to go about repairing our economy. But you care more about avoiding a world government than actually solving problems.

the new world order is the root cause of the economy. i assume youre familiar with this group? most of our politicians work for these "special interests", who are the same establishments who fund their campaigns and help to ensure their political career. It is the job of our politicians to sell us these terrible ideas in order to sucker us into their plan, whether it be through the name of national security, or bailouts, or any form of political correctness. it is also the politicians' job to continuously play the blame game, staging this never-ending left v. right chicken head gossip, while they shake hands and make deals behind closed doors. it's all about brainwashing.

1 person likes this

It's sad and pathetic that more people don't see that the Govt. spends more of our money than it actually collects.

sadly enough, it appears that panthersfan is a completely indoctrinated sheep.

sadly enough, it appears that panthersfan is a completely indoctrinated sheep.

That's what happens when you become a bureaucrat, all logic and common sense goes out the window. All in the name of doing things by the numbers, which coincidentally happens to be the problem.

It's sad and pathetic that more people don't see that the Govt. spends more of our money than it actually collects.

$107T in the red with unfunded liabilities. awesome. i'm sure we'll be able to cover that.

$107T in the red with unfunded liabilities. awesome. i'm sure we'll be able to cover that.

Occupation/invasion anyone?!?!

no you are wrong. first of all, there is no law that states citizens have to pay an income tax. in a constitutional republic, taxes are intended to be collected through a sales tax, and a capital gains tax. when you work, you are exchanging your labor (which you own) for money earned, therefore making it untaxable.

What am I wrong about? Does the constitution say that Congress can levy taxes? Why is money earned not taxable?

The sixteenth amendment in the constitution says "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration." This was legally ratified.

You can't keep crying "unconstitutional" without any facts.

wow, you work for the IRS? your institution is completely unconstitional, and i hope one day youre out of a job. you are forced to operate like thugs, using fear tactics and threats of jail time in order to achieve voluntary compliance from individuals paying income taxes.

You do not know dick about tax law. You listen to horror stories about the IRS when hardly any of it is actually true. You're part of the uneducated mass that says "they can take anything they want at any time!!!!!" which simply is not true. RRA of 1998 changed everything in regards to the IRS. It went from one extreme (where people could levy and seize whenever) to the other (where taking enforcement action is an enormous pain in the ass).

When I'm out there pounding on doors, I'm not looking to destroy lives. I'm trying to help people through their tax problems.

And please, tell me how the IRS is unconstitutional, with specific examples of how it violates the constitution or your rights as an individual. Again, you keep crying "unconstitutional" without any basis.

technically, income taxes are used to pay off the interest we owe the federal reserve for using their money (but who knows what they do with our money these days). if the federal reserve didn't exist, we wouldn't forever be in debt to them, (through interest owed) which would make the income tax in its essence obsolete. and what's even better, is there would be no more need for the mob, aka IRS. you want to talk about fixing the economy? get rid of the federal reserve and you would instantly see a boost. it makes absolutely zero sense to borrow money from a private establishment and consistently be in the red. imagine how much better off everyone would be if they were allowed to keep 100% of their earnings. spending would increase dramatically, therefore ensuing job expansion, as well as influencing less government dependancy.

you should watch "From Freedom to Facism", it may help you realize a little bit more about the corrupt entity you work for.

Are you seriously suggesting that we stop going into national debt?

And you should read Publication 1, Publication 594, and Publication 1660. They will tell you that everything in your dumb youtube videos is bullshit.

the new world order is the root cause of the economy. most of our politicians work for these "special interests". It is the job of our politicians to sell us these terrible ideas in order to sucker us into their game plan, whether it be through the name of national security, or bailouts, or any form of political correctness. it is also the politicians' job to continuously play the blame game, staging this never-ending left v. right chicken head gossip, while they shake hands and make deals behind closed doors. it's all about brainwashing.

This would be too easy.

That is obvious. Who is arguing about that?

That is obvious. Who is arguing about that?

The government. Evidently it isn't that obvious to them. Otherwise they would do something about it.

Paul is a bit crazy but the country would be better off with him as President. At least the debate would then focus on government incompetency and spending.