Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthersphan

Who did you cheer for before 1995?

100 posts in this topic

L.A. Rams, Pat Hadden, Jack and Jim Youngblood, Eric Dickerson and them 70's and 80's Cheer Leaders!

Same here. Laurence Mccutcheon, Nolan Cromwell, Deacon Jones, even Vince Ferragamo. ;)

Miami Dolphins fan from about 83 until the Panthers arrived. My mom's family was all from south Florida and they would send me Dolphins stuff, and I was a huge Marino fan. As a Charlotte native though, it was very easy for me to drop them and immediately adopt my new hometown team.

I grew up watching the Steelers (Bradshaw, Mean Joe Green, Jack Lambert, Franko Harris, Swan) and the Cowboys (Too Tall Jones, Staubeck/White, Dorsett).

Then it was the 49ers in the 80s (Montana, Lott, Roger Craig).

The 90s started with those awful Cowboys - I'd always respected the Cowboys however an arrogant new owner in Jerry Jones fired the classiest coach in all of football (Tom Landry) and brought in Jimmy/Aikman/Irvin/Smith and for the next decade we had to hear that incessant 'HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS' and how their America's team and the hatred was ON and has continued for most ppl outside Dallas (me included).

Now I'm passionate about my Panthers.

SF 49ers

Thats right girl, the 49ers. Montana and Young.

My dad always told me the packers were good so I pulled for them

Noone. I started following football at the age of 11. The Panthers were my team in 1996, (the year I started following football) and always will be.

Damn... I'm ashamed to even say it now, but Atlanta Falcons. I cheered for them since they started up as an expansion team in the late 60's.

Now, I think I hate them the most of any team.

My uncle was a huge redskins fan in maryland, and when he would visit in West Virginia, and he would come in, he would always talk redskins, and we would watch a game if it was football season. Thats how i got to like em. As soon as the panthers were announced i was in 3rd grade, and then 5th grade when they started their first yr. Have loved the panthers ever since.

Nobody.

I was 8 in 95 for the panthers first season. Before then, I had no idea what football was (to my mother's satisfaction).

My dad and his friends got me watching the Panthers games with them and I was hooked. I was playing pee-wee football the next season. I loved playing the best sport on earth.

Two years later I would tear my ACL (way too young for an ACL tear - 10 years old) and my playing days were done...haha. Although I could no longer play tackle football (I still played flag/touch using a brace and I had surgery when I was 18 so I am fine now), I still loved watching the Panthers and Tarheel Football.

Niners. Always was a Montana and Rice fan.