Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JakeFlake

Taylor Mays Just Ran A 4.24 40

26 posts in this topic

OMF'NGZ i actually saw him play in college so that means he MUST be a good player!!!!!

Wasn't there concern about him being to slow to play the S position and that he may need to switch to LB???

No there was never concern about his speed, everyone who wasn't just blindly hating knew the kid was a complete freak. The concern with Mays is his ball skills, trying to go for a killshot instead of an int and the fluidity of his hips.

Everyone knew he would run fast and was a freak athletically. Why in the world would this showing at the combine change anyone's opinion on him? That speed didnt help him get over the top against Golden Tate. I'm talking about game film. Big hitter but misses tackles, so-so to adequate in coverage, great straight line speed. Sounds like Charles Godfrey to me.

You do realize the reason Taylor always appeared late to a play was because Carroll was so afraid of the secondary giving up the long ball that he played Taylor 20 yards off the line of scrimmage most of the time. Also I'm not so sure what your talking about with him "missing" tackles the problem with Taylor is he tries to blow people up instead of going for the int.

that 2nd time looked fast a poo and it was a 4.34 so somebody jacked up that first time plain and simple.

that 2nd time looked fast a poo and it was a 4.34 so somebody jacked up that first time plain and simple.

Even if that is the case (don't think it is) still a 230 pound safety running a 4.3 is just sickening.

You do realize the reason Taylor always appeared late to a play was because Carroll was so afraid of the secondary giving up the long ball that he played Taylor 20 yards off the line of scrimmage most of the time. Also I'm not so sure what your talking about with him "missing" tackles the problem with Taylor is he tries to blow people up instead of going for the int.

Oh no, i criticized a SC player. To be fair, i think he can be a solid player, i just think game-film overrides a 40 time in his case. We ALL knew he was a freak. While i think he's best suited to play WLB in the pros, he could be effective as an Adrian Wilson-type SS in the right system. But hopefully for his sake he doesnt end up in Oakland.

Oh no, i criticized a SC player. To be fair, i think he can be a solid player, i just think game-film overrides a 40 time in his case. We ALL knew he was a freak. While i think he's best suited to play WLB in the pros, he could be effective as an Adrian Wilson-type SS in the right system. But hopefully for his sake he doesnt end up in Oakland.

I don't care that you criticized him I criticized Griffen yesterday. I'm just saying their are reasons why Taylor was less effective in 09 then the rest of his SC career part of it is also the linebackers he was playing behind. He had Clay, Rey, Cush and Kaluka most of his career last year he had a terrible LB corps in front of him.

Wasn't there concern about him being to slow to play the S position and that he may need to switch to LB???

The concern with Mays, is that he's not always in the right place. It does no good to be fast when all that speed is going the wrong damn way.

Taylor Mays official time ended up being 4.43. nothing to see here anymore.