Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

ACORN cleared, pimp vid was doctored

86 posts in this topic

ACORN is still corrupt, and not deserving of tax dollars.

And any time you challenge Delhommey, his anal sex partner is soon to follow in said thread.

in what way is ACORN corrupt?

Like Watergate corrupt or just Iran Contra corrupt?

Oh, conservative corrpution is OK as long as it exposes liberal corruption.

Because he's wrong. We will close that place and good riddance.

Cheney dodged the draft with efficiency and competence, i think he knows a bit more about being tortured than someone like John Mccain who wants to close Gitmo.

in what way is ACORN corrupt?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/item_Evy8t8IEYzAoIy5e0xJsHO

The New York Times reports that Dale Rathke - whose brother started the group back in 1970 as a vehicle to help low-income people "take back what's rightfully theirs" - embezzled nearly $1 million from ACORN back in 1999 and 2000.

How did ACORN handle the crime? By disguising it on the books as a loan from one of its contractors and letting Rathke's family make restitution at the rate of $30,000 a year. (An anonymous donor reportedly has agreed to pick up the remaining $800,000 tab.)

Incredibly, ACORN kept Rathke on the payroll as a $38,000-a-year employee until as recently as last month - and only let him go when word of his fraud leaked to donors.

And, the Times reports, most of the people who covered up the embezzlement are still working for ACORN.

Cue the "oh gee, a million dollar cover-up is a drop in the bucket compared to other scandals" response.

That was just the first link I found. I'm sure I could find many more.

Somebody's butthurt.

Funny how the poster's most likely to throw out the blanket insults about people being wussies gets all out of shape when he gets called out.

To anyone playing at home, if you go on for months about a subject, crow-barring jokes and making non-sequitur comparisons to everything under the sun about it, and one day it turns out that all your material was based on said event that, in actuality, was completely unfounded and doctored to be something it wasn't, the best course of action at that point is to challenge someone to an internet fight for a benign comment someone makes about perhaps admitting you were wrong. You know, like an adult might do.

And keep in mind, it's always best to do this right on the heels of an event in which an infamously notorious poster with many of the same qualities goes out in a blaze of glory while killing some livestock.

That is an excellent response.

Very well thought out.

Meat, no one here thinks that ACORN is made up of doe eyed orphans and Saint Teresa clones. They have been caught - legitimately - doing things they should not have. So has every other big organization. Should the entire United Way be shut down because the Charlotte chick was an asshole? Do her actions mean that the whole organization is nothing but corrupt people on the take?

Face the facts Meat. ACORN is a great target because it's run by inner city black people who want more funding for the poor and more access to the nations resources by the poor.

United Way is not a great target because it's run by a lot of different types of people who want more funding for the poor and otherwise needed and more access to the nations resources by the poor and needy.

Somebody's butthurt.

Funny how the poster's most likely to throw out the blanket insults about people being wussies gets all out of shape when he gets called out.

Call me out face to face. Just once. I'm begging you.

2 people like this

Meat, no one here thinks that ACORN is made up of doe eyed orphans and Saint Teresa clones. They have been caught - legitimately - doing things they should not have. So has every other big organization. Should the entire United Way be shut down because the Charlotte chick was an asshole? Do her actions mean that the whole organization is nothing but corrupt people on the take?

Face the facts Meat. ACORN is a great target because it's run by inner city black people who want more funding for the poor and more access to the nations resources by the poor.

United Way is not a great target because it's run by a lot of different types of people who want more funding for the poor and otherwise needed and more access to the nations resources by the poor and needy.

ACORN is a legitimate target because they represent the rampant corruption of big government. Their main objective, whether they admit to it or not, is to get Democrats elected and re-elected. Now why should all of us pay for that?

ACORN is a legitimate target because they represent the rampant corruption of big government. Their main objective, whether they admit to it or not, is to get Democrats elected and re-elected. Now why should all of us pay for that?

So then nothing that my friend said had any truth to it?

So then nothing that my friend said had any truth to it?

Rodeo? Like I said, if you want to prosecute the video couple, by all means. I don't care. That doesn't mean I should have to apologize for disliking ACORN. They're corrupt and need to be removed from the government teat. Being mostly black inner city people doesn't give them the right to do what they do on the taxpayers' dime.