Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A hilarious lesson about DRM in PC games (RE: Ubisuck)

27 posts in this topic

Posted

People who steal software, even if they later buy it, don't deserve to own computers.

Judge not lest ye be judged. I've downloaded software before, but it was for a good cause.

Posted

5231267701872847.gif

Posted

5231267701872847.gif

pretty much, EA is doing the same thing with some of their upcoming pc games. Have to be online to play at all including the single player....

Posted

791728635_VJ8Qa-L.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted

Judge not lest ye be judged. I've downloaded software before, but it was for a good cause.

As someone who made most of their money from writing software I can say with all honesty Ive never stolen software.

Hell I even pay for all of the shareware I download.

Posted

My viewpoint is probably colored because I had two disk drives stop reading disks when Ubisoft was using Starforce, but seriously, fug them. They can go under for all I care.

Posted

Yeah this is stupid. The thing that kills PC games more than anything is not making them down-scale in the requirements. So many people go buy a hot pc game just to realize it won't play on their computer. Then they can't return or exchange it.

So that's the last pc game they will ever buy.

Blame the industry for not making their products more user friendly in an attempt to sell moar Nvidia.

Posted

I have always hated Ubisoft after they ruined my favorite FPS (Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear Series) from back in the day.

Posted

I buy anything and everything that I enjoy after I torrent something honestly.

Also Scrum speaks the gospel. And don't use public sites either. Demonoid, for all intents and purposes, is a public site at this point with all the traffic they get now by the way.

Even though it would be considered a public site, it is still far better than thepiratebay.

Posted

Oh for sure.

I've still seen plenty of people get hit with letters from the ISPs after downloading DVD screeners and poo from there though.

Posted

As someone who made most of their money from writing software I can say with all honesty Ive never stolen software.

Hell I even pay for all of the shareware I download.

Like I said, I've only ever done it for a good cause.......my entertainment.

Posted

Yeah this is stupid. The thing that kills PC games more than anything is not making them down-scale in the requirements. So many people go buy a hot pc game just to realize it won't play on their computer. Then they can't return or exchange it.

So that's the last pc game they will ever buy.

Blame the industry for not making their products more user friendly in an attempt to sell moar Nvidia.

There is an absurdly huge market for casual games on the PC. Look at WoW, and also microtransaction supported games on Facebook and stuff.

The AAA supergraphizxZOMG title is dead on PC, and that's just the way it is. Consoles streamlined everything.