Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jarrett Brown, QB, WVU

12 posts in this topic

Posted

With all the talk of The Golden Calf of Bristol, Tony Pike, and Dan LeFevour as Day 2-3 QBs, nobody is talking about Jarrett Brown. He looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl and at 6'2, 224 lbs has the perfect size. Reminds me a little of a cross between McNabb and Garrard, both being good, accurate passers who is also very mobile.

Here is some highlights of him:

Right now, draftcountdown.com has him listed as the #6 best draftable QB and many project for him to go in the 3rd or 4th round. I just got a feeling that he may be a steal.

Thoughts?

Posted

He's a more accurate, strong armed Vince Young imo.

But he still makes poor decisions and can't read coverages.

Posted

He's actually my favorite QB in the draft.

Posted

If we were going to draft a project QB, I'd want it to be one with a huge upside like him. He's an athlete and has a great arm. You can teach him how to be a better QB.

Posted

I wouldnt be mad at all if we drafted him in the 4th, if he's gone by then, Id wait till the 6th and take Tim Hiller/John Skelton

Posted

He's a more accurate, strong armed Vince Young imo.

But he still makes poor decisions and can't read coverages.

Bingo!

Posted

I wouldnt be mad at all if we drafted him in the 4th, if he's gone by then, Id wait till the 6th and take Tim Hiller/John Skelton

Skelton reminds me a lot of Derek Anderson and I don't know why...

Posted

Hah, Skelton wont make it past 4th either. He just has way to much upside. I could actually see someone taking a chance (like the Vikings) on him late in the 2nd (T Jackson was a reach when they got him due to upside). At the very least the Raiders will have picked him long before the 6th.

Posted

This guy is most impressive.

Posted

I like Brown as much as The Golden Calf of Bristol as a project selected in the 4th round. There are many reasons why that will not happen. The end.

Posted

I like Brown as much as The Golden Calf of Bristol as a project selected in the 4th round. There are many reasons why that will not happen. The end.

Like you would know who the Panthers would select.....

Posted

I know that The Golden Calf of Bristol and Brown probably won't last till the fourth and that Hurney and Fox can ill afford to take a flyer on a project QB with one of their first two picks.