Photo
- - - - -

How I calculate the Panthers offseason needs... and proof I have no life...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#25 chbright

chbright

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

OLB
WR
QB

Our first picks in the draft were QB, WR, WR/QB, LB...

Looks like I pretty much nailed it again, right scpanther22?

kinda. how exactly could we pass on clausen in the 2nd for anyone else? as for OLB, norwood is a tweener, not a sure thing if he goes de or OLB. also other than edwards it was value picking. DT was never the value when we picked, and only griffen at DE when we picked edwards (the only reach, or about right value).

also for needing OLBs we waited till the 4th, much later than the chart and you analysis would have suggested. and no MLB or G picked up, but a poo ton of DBs which were all way down your list. just saying..... better than most.

how oh and i though you said that decker before gilyard was crazy, how did that work out?

#26 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

kinda. how exactly could we pass on clausen in the 2nd for anyone else?

Exactly.. He was a tremendous value for a top need...

as for OLB, norwood is a tweener, not a sure thing if he goes de or OLB.

It has been pretty much stated that he will be a LB, and most critics (McShay off the top of my head) thinks he will be an immediate starter at SLB...

also other than edwards it was value picking. DT was never the value when we picked, and only griffen at DE when we picked edwards (the only reach, or about right value).

Some people, local writers included, would have had us taking Griffen in the top of the second... I said repeatedly that was way too high, and that DE wasn't that big of a need ahead of those 3 positions above...

also for needing OLBs we waited till the 4th, much later than the chart and you analysis would have suggested.

You answered it yourself... The value wasn't there... Clausen and LaFell were both value picks for where we selected them, and the Edwards thing was a bit of a reach (although it was obvious other teams had him targeted there too, afterwards)... Then we struck gold by playing our cards right and striking tremendous value with Norwood in the 4th...

and no MLB or G picked up

We did sign some OL guys as UDFA, and the OLB/MLB factor figured in Connor and Anderson splitting time at both positions if need be... Once we addressed one of the positions, it knocked the other down the chart...

but a poo ton of DBs which were all way down your list. just saying..... better than most.

See Chris Harris, and Richard Marshall... For CB, I went ahead and included Marshall in the later rankings.. this pushed CB down a bit... With our later picks though, don't be surprised if he is traded pretty soon too... much to the chagrin of Carolina Huddle...

how oh and i though you said that decker before gilyard was crazy, how did that work out?

I will be sure to bump this thread at the end of the season for you and we'll see how it really worked out...

#27 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

kinda. how exactly could we pass on clausen in the 2nd for anyone else? as for OLB, norwood is a tweener, not a sure thing if he goes de or OLB. also other than edwards it was value picking. DT was never the value when we picked, and only griffen at DE when we picked edwards (the only reach, or about right value).

also for needing OLBs we waited till the 4th, much later than the chart and you analysis would have suggested. and no MLB or G picked up, but a poo ton of DBs which were all way down your list. just saying..... better than most.

Even if it was, we wouldn't have taken a DT. And actually, I think DT was a great value when Cam Thomas was on the board in the 4th. So I beg to differ.