• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

You yourself are providing quite the "open and shut" case all by your lonesome, without the help of you other persona.

:D

Oh now THAT really is golden, you think I'm the OP.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

"The latest in the line of stellar backups to San Diego's all-world running back LaDainian Tomlinson, Sproles can be electrifying in the return game.

As a result, the Chargers passed on the opportunity to hang onto reclamation project Mark Jones, who they rehabbed through camp after his 2007 knee injury.

When Ryne Robinson blew out his knee in camp, the Panthers were without a decent return option (remember the hours-long flirtation with Samie Parker?). So they quickly moved to bring Jones to Charlotte before the regular season opener.

He might be the slowest good return man in the league, but he was solid enough to challenge some franchise records (falling just short of the single-season punt return mark), and he helped the Panthers win a few games down the stretch with his straight-ahead, field-position-generating style."
http://www.heraldonl...ry/1046613.html

Now why would I bench him? The idea suggested by the OP is not a bad one, just not one I would go with at this time.
Lots of people here think they are so important and sh*t, it's funny.
The same people always jump on people call them names and jump to conclusions that are absurd at best.
Same group of people that think only their opinions are valid, and they are always right.
Good try though, was fun.

Edited by Fox007, 04 January 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#92 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

I know that this is not very likely but could we be deactivating Jones for the playoffs? He is useless in the offense and we could have both Jarrett and Hackett active and give us more offensive weapons. Smith could handle punt returns, don't forget he returned one last game for what Fox said was practice. Stewart could return the kickoffs like he did earlier this year. Don't get me wrong Jones has done a nice job but do we really want him out on the field when we are trying to come back or if one of the other guys gets hurt. Smith has said that he doesn't do returns anymore because it's too much for his body to take during the regular season but the playoffs are one game and your done and we need our best players playing. What do you guys think?

Uhhh...no thank you on having Smith return kicks. If Steve went down our season would be done. Kicking is the most dangerous part of football and you want to put our best player back there to do it. That is a ridiculously stupid idea when Mark Jones has shown that he can break them for us to have good field position.

#93 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Yes by all means lets do exactly the opposite of what gained us our success.

If it ain't broke, break it.

#94 bryn10

bryn10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

there is nothing that scares the shiiitt out of me more than seeing Smitty back returning punts, it really makes me feel sick

#95 2manytoys

2manytoys

Stop staring at her tits

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Can we somehow get Carr back and let him start the game......

#96 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

how about we use gary barnige as a 4th

#97 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

i would be ok with smith as a returner only if it is getting late in the game, and we are behind.

who's to say that smitty would do any better at it? he is rusty, and mark has been doing it all season. i remember during tony romo's debut, we put smitty back there, and he dropped it.

dont fix whats not broken...

#98 1789Cardiac Cats9020

1789Cardiac Cats9020

Keep it Simple Stupid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

Smith has not business returning punts...not with as many times as he's fumbled them. I won't be surprised to see Stewart doing occasional kickoff duty though.

#99 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,711 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

Sounds like a decent idea really.

Disagree completely.

There's nothing that prevents the team from putting Smith on punt returns if they want to, but Smith has always been a better punt returner than kick returner. They're different skill sets. Some guys have both, but I don't see Smith as one of those guys.

Since the team only rarely goes to four receiver sets, and seeing as in the past, they were perfectly comfortable doing it when the fourth receiver was Karl Hankton, I really can't see this happening.

(nor do I think it should)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.