hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

http://www.mapathy.com/

WOOHOO!!! :D

Something I pulled from a gamespot board ....

http://www.gamespot....ag=topics;title

here are six maps in total in the map pack. The first three maps are from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, while the other three are new.

* Crash
* Overgrown
* Shipment
* Complex
* Compact
* Storm

Challenges, Titles and Emblems

It is currently unknown what Challenges, Titles, and Emblems there are, only how many of each. There are 20 new Challenges, 10 Titles, and 10 Emblems.

Perks

Perks are going to be added in the map pack. The first two are new, while the third is from previous games.

* Quickhands (allows the player to switch weapons faster)
* Heterochromaniac (allows the player to toggle thermal vision)
* Overkill (allows the player to equip two primary weapons.)

Weapons

There are three new weapons to be added in the map pack.

* Dragunov - A semi-automatic sniper rifle.
* Skorpion - A submachine gun
* Unknown weapon

Special Ops

There are five new Spec Ops missions in the new section, "Foxtrot".

#2 WhoDatJorts

WhoDatJorts

World Champs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

How many of those maps are actually new??

I recognize Crash, Overgrown and Shipment from COD4.

What a bunch of crap. Those should be free.

Shipment is a terrible map.

#3 Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Huddle Pit Master

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

They should focus on getting all the hacks out instead of making new maps. Thank God, IW will be done after this map pack. Cater to the console gamers and that's what ya get, garbage. So glad bad company 2 is out.

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,289 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

so what will it cost? I am all for adding maps to the game whether their from the original or not. i'm likely to use all those new perks too.

#5 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

I love it.

#6 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

are there any trophies achievements?

this isn't 2005

#7 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

yeah, we'll prob get the mappacks for the pc sometime in Sept-Dec. :cuss:

#8 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

I know a lot of people hate shipment but I loved it, nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, just pure destruction.

Went 175-20 on it in demolition one time.

#9 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,289 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

i can't go to the second link from work. does it say anything about the release date or cost of the map pack at that time?

#10 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

How many of those maps are actually new??

I recognize Crash, Overgrown and Shipment from COD4.

What a bunch of crap. Those should be free.

Shipment is a terrible map.

You were the guy that always went 20-100 on it. That map was one of the best on there. Non-stop action. I like it when they do old maps. I loved Chinatown(Carentan CoD2) in MW1 and Wasteland(Brecourt CoD2) in MW2. It's fun to play the old maps with new stuff. I can't wait to play crash again thats one of the best maps ever made. I do wish they would give them a different look though. Make them in the snow or something.

#11 WhoDatJorts

WhoDatJorts

World Champs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

You were the guy that always went 20-100 on it.

You're the guy that cares about K/D ratio. ;)

I think i went 45-25 or something on it. I only played it a few times.

I like a little more space to work with.

I am still gonna buy the maps and play them.

#12 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

i can't go to the second link from work. does it say anything about the release date or cost of the map pack at that time?

Release date is March 30th for Xbox. And it's timed exclusive. I haven't found when it will be available for other platforms, but most think after 30 days.

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

You're the guy that cares about K/D ratio. ;)

I think i went 45-25 or something on it. I only played it a few times.

I like a little more space to work with.

I am still gonna buy the maps and play them.

45-25 wouldn't reach my top 25 on that map, k/d while not as important is still a good way to judge how your doing in a game. Like for example I lost a match going 67-10 just this past week on demolition while planting 2 bombs myself. Sometimes your teammates are just idiots, I plant 2 bombs over the course on the game the last one I planted would have been for the win, I pulled out my ac-130 the instant I planted the bomb and destroyed the other team until my ac130 ran out with 7 seconds to go and they disarm the bomb with under a second to go and we lose. For me that was a great match even though I lost due to idiot teammates.

Plus you can take a loss just by getting put into a loosing game, yes it does count I've checked. Thus making w/l less relevent and k/d more. You can take a loss for no reason but you can't have a bad k/d because of the game.

#14 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Why waste your money?

#15 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

Release date is March 30th for Xbox. And it's timed exclusive. I haven't found when it will be available for other platforms, but most think after 30 days.

From what I understand the Activision and Xbox agreement is exclusive rights for a 30 day period after then you will be good to go!

Why waste your money?

Don't have to -- it's called the stimulus package for a reason! Found this website today as well ... :D (I just hope it's true!!)

http://www.perezstar..._medium=twitter

Thanks to the folks over at Activision for helping the economy with the great news that will bring FREE MW2 multiplayer Maps this month. Coming March 30th to Xbox LIVE, Infinity Ward and Activision present Modern Warfare 2: Stimulus Package. This is the first DLC currently announced. Amongst the rumored maps, Crash has been mentioned to be on the list of the Stimulus Package DLC. Behind MW2’s Terminal, Crash may be the 2nd best map in the Modern Warfare series. It was a great map for Team Deathmatches, Search and Destroy and Sabatoge. Snipers can pick people off from atop the chain link roof tops or rifleman can battle it out near the Helicopter Crash site near the center. And of course the broken down building where rocket launchers and grenades were constantly hitting.

Players on the PS3 will have to wait one full month due to negotiations with Microsoft and Activision that gave Xbox 360 players one exclusive month of the maps. Sony PlayStaion owners will have to quietly sit back until April, when they’re scheduled Stimulus Package will arrive on the PSN. Additionally, Xbox 360 Silver Live members will be able to try out Modern Warfare 2 through the “Multiplayer Unlock event” running from March 12-15.

Of course, since the PSN service is FREE for all members, the Stimulus Package will not require any additional prerequisites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.