Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worried about moray eels this season

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Probably a silly phobia, but there it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

Me too they seem pretty scary!

eel.jpg

Posted

Shudders

Posted

Shocking!!! Seriously, eels can shock you.

Posted

FAIL!

Mock threads belong in the lounge only!

You had me scared too for a minute there... seeing as how I'm gonna be snorkeling in the Bahamas almost a month from today...

Posted

FAIL!

Mock threads belong in the lounge only!

You had me scared too for a minute there... seeing as how I'm gonna be snorkeling in the Bahamas almost a month from today...

Avid diver here, the only things you need to be worried about in the Bahamas are Barracuda, Tiger sharks and a pissed off Stingray.

Posted

Shocking!!! Seriously, eels can shock you.

...and they can erase your credit cards. So make sure you never give your numbers to one...cuz they are very slippery.

Posted

I'm more concerned with Social Mores this season.

Posted

Avid diver here' date=' the only things you need to be worried about in the Bahamas are Barracuda, Tiger sharks and a pissed off Stingray.[/quote']

I was actually about 5 feet away from a rather large Barracuda in the Bahamas this past December... He was just chilling out, so I wasn't dumb and didn't get any closer... He could have taken my arm off, but I would have had to punch him in the face as he tried... ;)

I was about 20 feet above a stingray too, but he was just chilling out too... so I left him alone...

Didn't see any sharks though, but I have read about the Tiger sharks they have down there... Hopefully, I won't be getting too close to any of those any time soon... I hate sharks!

Oh, back in December, I was pretty close to a lionfish too... They're awesome looking, but can hurt you a little bit, I hear...

Posted

I was actually about 5 feet away from a rather large Barracuda in the Bahamas this past December... He was just chilling out, so I wasn't dumb and didn't get any closer... He could have taken my arm off, but I would have had to punch him in the face as he tried... ;)

I was about 20 feet above a stingray too, but he was just chilling out too... so I left him alone...

Didn't see any sharks though, but I have read about the Tiger sharks they have down there... Hopefully, I won't be getting too close to any of those any time soon... I hate sharks!

Oh, back in December, I was pretty close to a lionfish too... They're awesome looking, but can hurt you a little bit, I hear...

I had a Tiger shark take a taste test of one of my fins before, exciting if nothing else!

Posted

Nothing scarier than a tiger and a shark combined. Except, of course, moray eels this season.

Posted

I had a British friend tell me to beware of the 'eels, but he was a Duke fan.