Photo
- - - - -

here we go again....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 beasonfanclub

beasonfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

our game is being completely ignored now that the eagles/giants is the
'pretty-boy" game..........good

#2 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Good! "Oh NO!, look at who dey let in da back doh!"

#3 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

great another no respect thread

We have the only NFC playoff game of the day. Is that not enough for you?

There are only 8 teams left. How ignored could we possibly get?

#4 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

I hope ESPN & everyone else talks about NYG / Philly game.... takes the pressure off us

#5 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

This will be the last game we may be favored to win. As the Giants did last year with a 10 and 6 record, we just need to win.

#6 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

This will be the last game we may be favored to win. As the Giants did last year with a 10 and 6 record, we just need to win.

You think Eagles would be favored over us? Or do you just not see them winning?

#7 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

If the Eagles beat the Giants and Carolina gets by Arizona, I can see the media going for Philly. NFC East is big market and will get the attention.

#8 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, they hate us so much they put us in that HORRIBLE Primetime slot that NOBODY watches. :lol:

#9 Sweeneyman

Sweeneyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

We got the prime time Saturday night slot. I am ecstatic!!! I can drink beer.....eat wings, and my only worry is waking up in time to make it to church to plead forgiveness for my alcoholic excess and profanities during the game. I'll take that over media hype any day.
:)

#10 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, they hate us so much they put us in that HORRIBLE Primetime slot that NOBODY watches. :lol:

That was decided last week. NYG/Philly will likely get more pub.

#11 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

That was decided last week. NYG/Philly will likely get more pub.

Yet they knew there was a chance the G-Men and Iggles could've faced...but they still put us in the Primetime slot.

#12 Rush23

Rush23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

In past years Panthers have gotten a lot of media attention and things didn't workout. It's good to be under the radar from 24/7 praise/criticism from ESPN.

#13 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

I generally agree with arguing over the lack of respect we get, although I really think "popularity" is what we lack more than respect. We are respected, people who follow the NFL know we are good, teams fear us, etc. We just aren't a popular NFL team compared to some others, so we don't draw a lot of interest from major media outlets. The NFL is a business. They are about ratings and giving the people what they want and we aren't a draw. I think popularity will come our way the older we get and the more fans we have. Even the Packers have proven that with time, even a small market, can be a popular team!!! BUT a young team like ours lacks tradition and true diehard fans... just look at the number of tickets people are trying to sell for this weekend's game because people don't want to go! Maybe they are broke, the economy, whatever BUT do you see that many Gaints fans giving away their tickets? No, because they live and breath football. We aren't there, not yet, but our organization is building a great team and compared to the Jaguars, who got the same start as us, we are on a GREAT track.

As far as not getting enough attention for this upcoming game against Arizona, popularity factor aside, this just isn't a BIG game. :) The Cardinals are a good club, sure, BUT they haven't won ONE game on the east coast, we are undefeated at home, and the Panthers haven't lost to the Cardinals in like 8 straight games or something. I mean... talk about lacking drama.

Now, you compare our cut & dry game to New York vs. Philly. Again, popularity --- two huge TV markets (Ny & Philly) but besides popularity --- check this out: Philly beat New York in New York a few weeks back, right? They match up well againt the Giants. Hell, this has to be the BIG game. I love Carolina but when I look at our game and the Philly/Gaints game, I really think that is a much BETTER game on paper, etc.

Let's be honest.

#14 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 47,993 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

great another no respect thread

We have the only NFC playoff game of the day. Is that not enough for you?

There are only 8 teams left. How ignored could we possibly get?

this

It has only been a few hour since the first round ended. We will get talked about enough over the next few days and hopefully the team in not paying any attention.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com