• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#106 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

This is not as far fetched as you might think. You should go do some research. Outside of Kentucky there are 3 titles. Arkansas and Florida(TWICE). Im not sure why you keep talking about Arkansas in your argument because they haven't been relevant since 95. It wouldn't surprise me if Duke has just as many Final Fours as the entire SEC besides UK of course. If they don't the SEC probably doesn't have them by much.

Or you can safely say Duke + UNC combined have more than the SEC combined.

#107 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Basketball:

ACC > SEC

Football:

SEC>ACC

#108 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

This is not as far fetched as you might think. You should go do some research. Outside of Kentucky there are 3 titles. Arkansas and Florida(TWICE). Im not sure why you keep talking about Arkansas in your argument because they haven't been relevant since 95. It wouldn't surprise me if Duke has just as many Final Fours as the entire SEC besides UK of course. If they don't the SEC probably doesn't have them by much.

There are three SEC teams who have been good for a long time who simply haven't had any success in March beyond the first two rounds. Vanderbilt, Alabama and Tennessee are all competitive nationally more often than not, but only Bama has made it to the Elite Eight. Kind of like Clemson times three.

The following schools have produced the following players...

Alabama: Robert Horry, Antonio McDyess, Latrell Sprewell, Gerald Wallace
Arkansas: Sidney Moncrief, Joe Johnson, Corliss Williamson, Todd Day
Auburn: Charles Barkley*, Chuck Person, Wesley Person
Florida: Mike Miller, Joakim Noah, Vernon Maxwell
Georgia: Dominique Wilkins*, Willie Anderson, Vern Fleming
LSU: Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich*, Bob Pettit*, Chris Jackson
Miss St: Bailey Howell*, Erick Dampier, Jeff Malone, Dontae Jones
South Carolina: Alex English*, Mike Dunleavy
Tennessee: Bernard King, Ernie Grunfeld, Dale Ellis

* Hall of Fame

How many Hall of Famers has Duke produced?

#109 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

There are three SEC teams who have been good for a long time who simply haven't had any success in March beyond the first two rounds. Vanderbilt, Alabama and Tennessee are all competitive nationally more often than not, but only Bama has made it to the Elite Eight. Kind of like Clemson times three.

* Hall of Fame

You're really bad at arguing. Are we not talking about college ball? You got ruled by everyone in here so you started talking about something else. Good job. Basically you did the research and it wasn't in your favor. We have good teams that don't do anything in the tournament? hahahaha. So they aren't good.

#110 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

You're really bad at arguing. Are we not talking about college ball? You got ruled by everyone in here so you started talking about something else. Good job. Basically you did the research and it wasn't in your favor. We have good teams that don't do anything in the tournament? hahahaha. So they aren't good.

Whatever, ***. You said Duke was better than the rest of the SEC combined. I just showed you how many great players the rest of the SEC combined has produced. You can't handle it so you start saying gay poo, just like your gay announcer.

#111 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Whatever, ***. You said Duke was better than the rest of the SEC combined. I just showed you how many great players the rest of the SEC combined has produced. You can't handle it so you start saying gay poo, just like your gay announcer.

Haha. Message board meltdowns are classic. That's not even a Duke announcer. It's another one of your lame ass attempts to get people to look at your shitty thread. I love how arrogant and obnoxious UK fans are now that their team is once again relevant. You showed me great players but you didn't disprove my argument. Congrats they had all those great NBA players and didn't do poo with them. It's ok Meat. I get you brought that up because you had nothing else. Don't get upset and start name calling because you're wrong.

#112 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

Haha. Message board meltdowns are classic. That's not even a Duke announcer. It's another one of your lame ass attempts to get people to look at your pooty thread. I love how arrogant and obnoxious UK fans are now that their team is once again relevant. You showed me great players but you didn't disprove my argument. Congrats they had all those great NBA players and didn't do poo with them. It's ok Meat. I get you brought that up because you had nothing else. Don't get upset and start name calling because you're wrong.

Who started the insults? Go back and read your previous post, dickless.

How does a long list of great players not factor into the argument that Duke is not equal to the rest of the SEC combined? Because it doesn't favor your side of the argument? No wonder you pull for Duke. If you aren't getting all the calls you have no chance of winning.

Shaquille O"Neal, Charles Barkley, Latrell Sprewell...these guys all had great college careers. Dominique Wilkins. The list goes on and on. The SEC produces the athletes no matter the sport. They just don't pay for the coaching talent in men's basketball like they do in football. Florida and Kentucky are the exception.

And yes, your announcer sounds just like that, and I'm pretty sure that is him asking the UK players that question.

#113 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

* Hall of Fame

You do realize that an ACC list that includes mediocre or better NBA players going to completely thump this one, right (even excluding UNC)?

#114 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

You do realize that an ACC list that includes mediocre or better NBA players going to completely thump this one, right (even excluding UNC)?

The argument was that Duke > the rest of the SEC combined

I left a lot of players off this list, trying to pick out the three or four best of each school, but there probably would be many more ACC players. I was just trying to show that the world doesn't revolve around Duke.

#115 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

The argument was that Duke > the rest of the SEC combined

I left a lot of players off this list, trying to pick out the three or four best of each school, but there probably would be many more ACC players. I was just trying to show that the world doesn't revolve around Duke.

Duke's success in the NCAA tourney pretty much is though...and one could argue the fact that Coach K who has never had a Hall of Famer in the NBA is turning water into wine by continuing to win in the postseason.

#116 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hahaha. You're making poo up now? Im pretty sure that's Dukes announcer. hahahaa. Wow. You're so fuging dumb. Every argument you have on here is so far out there and half the time it's made up. No wonder everyone is so confused when you post. None of it is true. Yes I'm insulting you now. Go back to tyhills original post and start reading from there. Hopefully you will get it. After reading your last post i doubt it.

#117 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Duke's success in the NCAA tourney pretty much is though...and one could argue the fact that Coach K who has never had a Hall of Famer in the NBA is turning water into wine by continuing to win in the postseason.

I have no issues with Coach K. In fact I love the guy. It's when someone says that Duke is equal to or greater than the rest of the SEC combined that I take issue. Hell, the Carolina fan that posted immediately said he went too far.

Duke had a great run in the tournament. But let's be honest here. They were a miracle shot away from not winning number two, and number three was absolutely handed to them by the referees.

#118 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

Thank you. Thats all we were talking about.

#119 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

I have no issues with Coach K. In fact I love the guy. It's when someone says that Duke is equal to or greater than the rest of the SEC combined that I take issue. Hell, the Carolina fan that posted immediately said he went too far.

Duke had a great run in the tournament. But let's be honest here. They were a miracle shot away from not winning number two, and number three was absolutely handed to them by the referees.

We now have a replacement for Htar.

#120 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

We now have a replacement for Htar.

They were a miracle shot away from not winning number two, and the refs handed them their third title. Any non-Duke fans on here dispute this?

Probably not, seeing as how it was another ACC school that they raped in the Final Four.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.