Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vertical Asymtope

Is Peppers to Big?

22 posts in this topic

He was still trying to use his speed last year and it just wasn't working, he beefed up alot this offseason and is using strength more now. He is still having a good season.

Believe me I dont think he is having a good season, I think he is having a great season. Once again this guy has been my favorite player since he was drafted. All I am saying is I was watching him from 2003 and he was running past tackles like I haven't seen him do in years. He was so quick back then.

Believe me I dont think he is having a good season, I think he is having a great season. Once again this guy has been my favorite player since he was drafted. All I am saying is I was watching him from 2003 and he was running past tackles like I haven't seen him do in years. He was so quick back then.

didnt u read the SI article hes 28, OVER THA HILL:rolleyes:

yea I think at this point in pep's career he needs to start focusing on strength, he's still fast as heck for a defensive linemen and we still put him man on man on wr's. At some point though you have to stop relying on speed and focus on strength and technique and use your speed only occasional to get by the Oline.

The fastest I seen Pep move was when he forced a fumble against Saints

Nothing matters except production.

Besides his doctor, who the hell cared about the Babe being over weight?

He's too big like Jake's too fast.

I think he would be better off built like ken Lucas or Charles Godfrey.

Also, you're talking about a guy who at that time didn't really have much of a target on his back for coaches and teams. I don't think they truly knew what to expect from him. They might have hyped him for a lil while back then but after all, we are the Panthers and especially then, no one paid any attention to us. Now 2008, he's what, the 1st or second highest paid DE in the league. I'm not making excuses for him. Merely stating what happens in the NFL or with all sports. Look at AP. He blew it up last year, not that he isn't this year but peeps are gunnin' for him now and changing def schemes to accommodate for him.

I don't know whether to like the OP because he's a panthers fan. Or hate him because he likes the mets, rangers and knicks.

Either way, he seems very confused.