6 replies to this topic

#1 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

...at 8-5. They could lose out and end up 8-8 and they would still host a playoff game, at .500.

#2 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

The shittiest division EVER.

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

It's things like this that make you wonder if playoff entry should be a bit different. You have the NFC East and South battling it out and they win it so easy.

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

It's things like this that make you wonder if playoff entry should be a bit different. You have the NFC East and South battling it out and they win it so easy.

I think they should do a little restructuring, I mean make a division winner make the playoffs, but giving them a higher seed is too much. It's really ridiculous if a 12-4 team has to go on the road to play an 8-8 division winner.

#5 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

...at 8-5. They could lose out and end up 8-8 and they would still host a playoff game, at .500.

If that were to happen, they wouldn't be the first 8-8 division winner. The 85 Browns won the old AFC Central with an 8-8 record. They didn't get a home game though, since there were only 5 teams in the playoffs then. And also in 1985, the Broncos went 11-5 and MISSED the playoffs.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

If the Panthers can't win it all, the Cardinals are the team I'll be cheering for.

I love to see underdogs prosper, and Kurt Warner is one of the league's true "good guys".

#7 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

If the Panthers can't win it all, the Cardinals are the team I'll be cheering for.

I love to see underdogs prosper, and Kurt Warner is one of the league's true "good guys".

I don't want to play them again. Warner goes off, and they are hard to cover man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.