Photo
- - - - -

Panthers turn down trade offers for Dan Connor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#46 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Keep in mind that he was recovering from knee surgery this year. Most of his effort and time was spent rehabbing rather than learning the defense and watching film. This year we will see what he can do after having some experience in the league and being ready to play.

very true.

#47 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

This to me at least tells me it will be a real competition and not just talk from Fox..

#48 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

Connors was a steal in the draft. For were we got him and where he was projected we did an awesome job drafting him. I am glad we aren't going to trade him. Connors, Davis and the BEAST are going to be the best LB corp in the NFL.

Watch and See.

Go Panthers

#49 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

i wonder what carolina's plans for connor are. ive wanted to trade him for a while now. i like the kid, but he is only great at MLB, and beason has that on lock. he isnt helping the team on the bench. this is a good draft class this year, we could really use another pick, and i think we could get a second for him, especially since he is still on a cheap rookie salary. i hope the panthers are just waiting for a better offer.

#50 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, so unless you want to trade him for a 6th and a bottle of luv rub there's no point in trading him.

#51 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:43 AM

Connor has a lot of good qualities and it's not impossible for him to become faster & stronger like he says he's working to do. Right now he just looks adequate and not really a playmaker. A whole lot of offseason conditioning could change things.

I'll take his brand of adequate any day then. He missed his entire rookie year, was great on ST last year, and in the one game where he got starter playing time he made you forget the guy ahead of him with 8 tackles and a fumble recovery (that would be making a play, right?).

Once again, I don't get why people even begin to think he's slow. And I'll add "adequate and not really a playmaker" to that question.

#52 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:46 AM

I much prefer my LBs to have a nose for the football but a bit slower than a faster player out of position.

#53 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

Here's something else I love about him, and I loved it about Beason too. When they were showing clips of Beason and Willis on Youtube before they were drafted, you noticed that when Willis hit someone they fell forward for an extra yard or two. When Beason hit them, they stayed put. Willis had more straight line speed, but Beason was more sure in his tackles and stuffed the opposing player better.

Go watch clips of Connor against college competition. He had the same type of hits that Beason did. Last year was his first year of real NFL game action, and he continually got better all year despite limited playing time. This year, if he starts, by mid-season the league will be talking about the Carolina linebackers as a special unit.

#54 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

I like that the competition is between Connor and Anderson. That's not a bad choice to have to make (a tough one, but not a bad one, heh).

#55 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

I like that Connor has gotten word other teams were interested in trading for him specifically... good confidence booster, makes me wonder if Fox made a point of mentioning him to serve as a confidence booster?