Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't get this at all

51 posts in this topic

Posted

You're an idiot. You honestly think our FO is too stupid to notice that Jarrett is a superstar, and that Jake has 100% trust in him...but just can't figure out how to unlock his eyes off Smith. That's sad.
Those poor folk in Cleveland won't know what to do when Jake keeps throwing them towards Charlotte...

Posted

and just to add the BPA philosophy, is an elite offensive tackle or RB is on the board when we pick I bet you we would pass on them in favor of W.R. who may not be ranked as high.

Posted

I understand where people get the idea that Jarrett might turn into a great WR. I hope you are right because the team could sure use another good WR.

He did look good burning NO backup DB's for a TD last year.

However, there was one moment last year that pretty much told me everything I needed to know on why Jarrett doesn't see much PT. When we played NE, Moose got called for and illegal motion TWICE because Jarrett didn't know where to line up.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!! You have been with a team for 3 years and you don't know where to stand before the snap? You have been playing football since middle school and you don't know if you should be "on" or "off" the ball?

That is when I knew Jarrett is probably going to be a bust.

rep for someone who pays attention

Posted

Yea the pro rules are retarded sometimes, we could always draft him and then pencil him in our roster as a backup fullback so he can keep his number and play fullback when we are on the GL...That would be awesome having dwill and jstew running behind a huge defensive lineman for the score

William "The Fridge" Perry...except not as big. unless we get Terrence Cody who played FB on the goal line for Alabama

Posted

and just to add the BPA philosophy, is an elite offensive tackle or RB is on the board when we pick I bet you we would pass on them in favor of W.R. who may not be ranked as high.

We drafted Kalil when we had Hartwig, who was coming off injury but who had just gone to the pro-bowl with Tennessee. When we took Connor it was a big WTF??? moment for fans everywhere.

The Panthers will take the BPA unless that player doesn't fit, and if that happens they'll trade down. That's what they did a few years ago when we got Beason.

Posted

WHOA. Uptown Girl lets get the facts straight. Jarrett was drafted in 2007. Do you remember that nightmare of a season? Jake went out with Tommy John and we had a revolving door of David "Lemon" Carr, Vinnie Testeverde and Matt Moore. The next year our modus operandi was run, run, then run it some more. Jake had an average year till the playoffs when he flat out sucked. In 2009 Jake had a hangover from the Playoffs and continued to suck. So Jarrett has hardly had a fair shot with a decent consistent QB. Jarrett will likely step up as the number 2 but we still need to use that 2nd on the BEST WR/KR available. Jarrett would be better used as a possession receiver and a speedster draft pick CAN make an impact in his rookie year as a return guy and deep threat.

Yes, Dick Eye, I did forget that Jake wasn't there all 16 games in 2007. Not too sure how I did but that doesn't matter. Jarrett STILL has to show the coaches and the QB that he is READY to play. I don't care if Tom Brady or Lou Ferrigno is the QB (or Carr, Vinny, Moore in 07)...Jarrett will play more when he shows the team he's trustworthy. Kenny Moore started over him for crying out loud last year. And we've been a run team for a while now, that's no excuse. We still had to pass it.

I'll gladly eat crow if the only thing missing in the Jarrett equation was a "good" QB. But will you when Moore to Jarrett doesn't net the stats you think it will? No, you'll say he'll be good...next year.

Posted

Ok the first 2 rounds you go based off of bpa thats of a need. in rounds later than that you dont expect any immediate contribution so at the point you take the Dan conor's. Kalil was a need when we drafted him. I did'nt say W.R was our only option but looks to be the mose likely.

And then finally. We could draft a QB, if one they really liked dropped to them, but logically speaking no qb we get with the 48th pick is going to be ready to back matt moore up nearly as well as the qb's who will be on the market as a F.A.

Kalil was not a need at that time and a lot of fans were questioning why we drafted him

To add to more examples: Many expected us to draft Troy Williamson or Derrick Johnson back in 05 but we ended up selecting Thomas Davis

Or what about us drafting Beason when may expected us to make a play for Patrick Willis (which plays the same position but no one really considered Beason) or a safety... Some even speculated that we would draft Brady Quinn!

Just saying

Posted

You're an idiot. You honestly think our FO is too stupid to notice that Jarrett is a superstar, and that Jake has 100% trust in him...but just can't figure out how to unlock his eyes off Smith. That's sad.

No I think our FO is too stupid to notice that a player doesn't always need separation to make a good play down the field...that our QBs aren't aware that if jarrett is singled covered then throw the ball up he'll come down with it. But when the offence is built around one reciever all the fans are blind to the other recievers on the team. Cuz god forbid if the ball is thrown out of smittys direction the whole fan base will boo. And your the idiot for not noticing talent when its right in front of your eyes.

Posted

I think you are completely wrong here. If an elite tackle was still on the board at #48 I guarantee you we would take him. I doubt there would be but we would be stupid to pass up the ability to draft an elite OLman in the second round no matter how good our starters are.

Posted

Or what about us drafting Beason when may expected us to make a play for Patrick Willis (which plays the same position but no one really considered Beason) or a safety... Some even speculated that we would draft Brady Quinn!
Actually that's a great example. We would have taken Willis in a heartbeat if he was there, but he wasn't. We needed a Linebacker or a Safety, and the best at either position would have been a reach. So instead of taking BPA or reaching, we traded down and got Beason and Kalil. The rest is history. :)

Posted

No I think our FO is too stupid to notice that a player doesn't always need separation to make a good play down the field...that our QBs aren't aware that if jarrett is singled covered then throw the ball up he'll come down with it. But when the offence is built around one reciever all the fans are blind to the other recievers on the team. Cuz god forbid if the ball is thrown out of smittys direction the whole fan base will boo. And your the idiot for not noticing talent when its right in front of your eyes.

If your #2 WR is so slow that the only way to get him the ball is to throw it really high and pray he comes down with it, he shouldn't be your #2 WR.

Posted

I think our FO is too stupid to notice that a player doesn't always need separation to make a good play down the field...

[i think] that our QBs aren't aware that if jarrett is singled covered then throw the ball up he'll come down with it.

[i think] the offence is built around one reciever [and] all the fans are blind to the other recievers on the team.

Speaks for itself. There are about a thousand fans on this board that make more sense than you do.