• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaPride74

CarolinaPride74

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Watching that video makes me almost not want him on this team but have a D-line that consists of Peppers, Haynesworth, Kemoeatu and maybe Charles Johnson next year makes my mouth drool.

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

It really all depends on two things, does the FO think we need him, and if the FO thinks he is a team first player.

Look at Smith, if we look on the outside we wouldve thought smith was a horrible teamate, theres always more to a player than just whats more potrayed by the media.

Somebody that stomps their cleated shoe on an un-helmeted player is NOT a player I would want on my team, production be damned

#18 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

does a sucker puncher?

Apparently. But, like I said prior to the season, the Panthers should have traded Smitty for Boldin

#19 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

Apparently. But, like I said prior to the season, the Panthers should have traded Smitty for Boldin

Glad that didn't happen!Not dissing Boldin,he's good but he aint no Smitty,plus he's had the injury bug this year.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

We dont have a first rounder this year, so we can spend some of that money on a guy like Haynesworth.

#21 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

As far as I know, he's been good this season. The head stomp was two seasons agom right? I mean, Smith has punched two players AND had an altercation in his early days on the field.

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,554 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

We actually could afford him depending on other cuts/deals.

You guys always forget the magic our FO does when it can.

IMO it will be looked at. We dont have a 1st round pick and improving the end side will be on the list next year. He is also a Hartsville,SC native and that about 2 and half hours from the Queen city so its possible.

#23 MorgulKing

MorgulKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Don't want someone like that on the team. I love Smitty but he pushes the envelop enough as it is.

And what Haynesworth did is 10 times worse in my opinion.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

If it comes down to keeping Gross and Pep or losing one of them to sign Haynesworth, would we give up one. Note that both Gross and Peppers have not signed offer sheets that by general opinion were very good offers. Is it possible we will lose on or the other anyway. Could Haynesworth make up for losing Peppers particularly if he decides to go elsewhere and we don't franchise him. Gross seems the one who is most likely to leave given he wouldn't sign last year and we won't franchise him again.
Think Haynesworth would give us a discount if we win it all this year? Would he like to play on a Superbowl team if Tennessee doesn't make it.

#25 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

Gross who?

I won't get my hopes up though.

#26 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

Over on the Falcons board, they're having this same exact thread.

#27 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

I could see him in an Atlanta uniform next year..

Panthers...nope....

#28 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

Everyone here is acting like they know everything about Haynesworth based on that one day two years ago when he stomped that guy's head. He has had exemplary behavior the past two days and I remember reading an interview with him shortly after the incident that gave me some new respect for him. I remember he said he was completely disgusted with himself after that and I believe he took anger management classes or something of the sort to deal with his problem. People make mistakes, take a page out of Ken Lucas' book and think about how Haynesworth may have grown since that incident.

Having him on our defense would be great, its our major position of need and he is one of the best, if not the best, in the league.

#29 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

Like I said a lil while ago, we really should go after Haynesworth. Our defense imo would be close to 2003 all over again

We'll see

#30 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

The cap will increase by 7m, this is doable...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com