• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Most of us on here (self included) would not be afraid to fly with that guy. But you HAVE to consider the squeamish, especially if you're a business. Why do you think Zod stopped showing boobies on this site? I don't think the airline should be chastised for wanting to make all the elderly people flying that day feel safer. I also don't think it's wrong for someone to wear a shirt with Arabic writing on it. This is just one of those situations where both sides are right, and both are wrong.

#32 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

A flight I was on recently had 3 turban wearers in the rows ahead of me. I felt perfectly comfortable on the flight once I had frisked them and unraveled their turbans to make sure there were no bombs in them.

#33 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

A flight I was on recently had 3 turban wearers in the rows ahead of me. I felt perfectly comfortable on the flight once I had frisked them and unraveled their turbans to make sure there were no bombs in them.

you giggling during the frisking makes you seem unprofessional.

#34 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Couldn't help it I thought of something funny.

#35 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Anything written in spanish must belong to cartels... Since they(cartels) speak spanish, we must arrest anyone who has spanish clothing on and seize all property with mexican writing....

#36 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:15 AM

Anything written in spanish must belong to cartels... Since they(cartels) speak spanish, we must arrest anyone who has spanish clothing on and seize all property with mexican writing....

Things written in Spanish don't spook airline passengers. It is what it is.

#37 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

well then they have darker skin than us white folk....terrorists terrorists!!!!!!!!

#38 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,115 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, I feel uncomfortable getting on this plane with this guy, please kick him off -

Posted Image

#39 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

As someone who has experienced racial profiling at the airport (my parents are persian) it really is a weird feeling when something like this happens.

Quick personal story: I was pulled over for a random security check this past christmas. They went through my bookbag, wallet, and padded me down. They asked me a series questions about my trip and about my personal life (being very condescending the entire time)

The experience was like nothing I had experienced before. By my appearance, I look middle eastern, but I've lived my entire life in the united states (born on longisland and lived in charlotte for 20 years); It's a weird feeling... You feel guilty for something you know you haven't done.

I understand the security risk facing airports since 9/11, but I just wish there was a better way to secure airports. Well anywho, that's my two cents.

Random: Do you guys remember this machine from Total Recall?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder how close to reality this machine is...

#40 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

As someone who has experienced racial profiling at the airport (my parents are persian) it really is a weird feeling when something like this happens.

Quick personal story: I was pulled over for a random security check this past christmas. They went through my bookbag, wallet, and padded me down. They asked me a series questions about my trip and about my personal life (being very condescending the entire time)

The experience was like nothing I had experienced before. By my appearance, I look middle eastern, but I've lived my entire life in the united states (born on longisland and lived in charlotte for 20 years); It's a weird feeling... You feel guilty for something you know you haven't done.

I understand the security risk facing airports since 9/11, but I just wish there was a better way to secure airports. Well anywho, that's my two cents.

Random: Do you guys remember this machine from Total Recall?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent post. Bottom line is that 9/11 DID happen and it has affected the way we fly. Someone mentioned the Timothy McVeigh thing earlier. I bet you U-Haul renters in Oklahoma City wouldn't rent anything to people in Far Right extremist group t-shirts.

#41 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,115 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Sigmund, stop conspiring with the terrorists.

#42 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

Sigmund, stop conspiring with the terrorists.

Don't start your car.

#43 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

They have ones that you have to step into that shows everything under your clothes, but you have to be selected to go into it. They had something on Nat. Geo. a while back about it. Half the people said its an invasion of privacy because it shows EVERYTHING under your clothes, half said they dont care.

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

I bet you U-Haul renters in Oklahoma City wouldn't rent anything to people in Far Right extremist group t-shirts.

"arabic writing" isn't an islamic extremist group, so that analogy doesn't fit.

a better analogy would be not renting u-hauls to people with english writing on their shirts because mcveigh spoke english.

#45 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

"arabic writing" isn't an islamic extremist group, so that analogy doesn't fit.

a better analogy would be not renting u-hauls to people with english writing on their shirts because mcveigh spoke english.

No it wouldn't. You are plum out cho mine, foo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com