Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rod Butsecks

Beason: Rebuilding not always bad for Panthers

36 posts in this topic

Beason is an atheist and thinks people who believe in god are gay as hell

But, does he tackle well?

talk is cheap. lets see it on the field!!!

If Beason started a church I'd be the first in line to be an altar boy, just saying.

wait a sec! i thought we weren't rebuilding???

If Beason started a church I'd be the first in line to be an altar boy, just saying.

You sure they will let you in, with all your sins and such?

You know Beason will do his part. The issue is how everyone else plays not him. The back seven should be fine if Marshall comes back. I hope Meeks will prove how good an addition he was by pulling this group into a cohesive productive unit. Baker has his work cut out for him.

Beason is an atheist and thinks people who believe in god are gay as hell

well seeing most of his team as gay has to be bad for morale

I don't like rebuilding because it is wasting the talent of D-Will and Stewart. Trade one of them or both. You all know RBs have a very short shelf life.

"But this year, we've got all these young guys, and we're going to find out who wants it. We're going to have competition, and that's what makes a team successful."

What does THIS GUY know about successful teams? Who does he think he is? He should stop by the Huddle sometime. There are several posters here who would be glad to tell him he's wrong and that, in fact, a successful team is built on keeping/overpaying dead weight. Competition? Why would we want young guys competing for their jobs when we could have 30+ year old dudes who are "comfortable" and/or would rather be playing basketball?:rolleyes:

I am glad to see Jon Beason step up in a leadership role and tell it like it is.

I don't get it...who are all these veteran leaders we've supposedly cut?? Aside from Jake, who did we let go that has everyone saying "oh we don't have any leadership left on the roster"?? Beason has been the leader of the defense for the last two years, and there is still PLENTY of character and leadership left on the offensive side of the ball - what's the problem?

It seems to me that some people are panicking because we are cutting familiar, comfortable names. Well you know what, GOOD. Our team was getting too comfortable, too familiar and too complacent. I don't want 30 + year-old FBs who are playing their last season and then planning on retiring on the field - I want young guys out there, who are anxious to kick butt and make a name for themselves.

Say what you will, but if we address just a couple of concerns before the start of this season, we're going to be fine.

1 person likes this