35 replies to this topic

#16 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

wait a sec! i thought we weren't rebuilding???

#17 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

If Beason started a church I'd be the first in line to be an altar boy, just saying.

You sure they will let you in, with all your sins and such?

#18 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

I hope he can push some of these young guys to be as motivated as he is.

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

You know Beason will do his part. The issue is how everyone else plays not him. The back seven should be fine if Marshall comes back. I hope Meeks will prove how good an addition he was by pulling this group into a cohesive productive unit. Baker has his work cut out for him.

#20 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Beason is an atheist and thinks people who believe in god are gay as hell

well seeing most of his team as gay has to be bad for morale

#21 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

I don't like rebuilding because it is wasting the talent of D-Will and Stewart. Trade one of them or both. You all know RBs have a very short shelf life.

#22 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Oh Nanner… What would we be without you.

#23 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

"But this year, we've got all these young guys, and we're going to find out who wants it. We're going to have competition, and that's what makes a team successful."

What does THIS GUY know about successful teams? Who does he think he is? He should stop by the Huddle sometime. There are several posters here who would be glad to tell him he's wrong and that, in fact, a successful team is built on keeping/overpaying dead weight. Competition? Why would we want young guys competing for their jobs when we could have 30+ year old dudes who are "comfortable" and/or would rather be playing basketball?:rolleyes:

#24 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

I am glad to see Jon Beason step up in a leadership role and tell it like it is.

I don't get it...who are all these veteran leaders we've supposedly cut?? Aside from Jake, who did we let go that has everyone saying "oh we don't have any leadership left on the roster"?? Beason has been the leader of the defense for the last two years, and there is still PLENTY of character and leadership left on the offensive side of the ball - what's the problem?

It seems to me that some people are panicking because we are cutting familiar, comfortable names. Well you know what, GOOD. Our team was getting too comfortable, too familiar and too complacent. I don't want 30 + year-old FBs who are playing their last season and then planning on retiring on the field - I want young guys out there, who are anxious to kick butt and make a name for themselves.

Say what you will, but if we address just a couple of concerns before the start of this season, we're going to be fine.

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

A leader being a leader.

People like to knee jerk more than anything. People are scared of change.

This team is younger, an hungier. I pitty the team that faces us. Do I think we'll be dominant?

No, but I know we won't be a walk over.

#26 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

Beason sounded optimistic, but not convinced. As a leader that is what you should do, though he used tenative language and not concrete. To me, he's got his reservations. Jon does seemed stoked about the 'unkown' of the coming year.

#27 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Makes me proud to be a panthers fan. I like when the players are more devoted to the team than I am. The way it should be

#28 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Beason is the Ray Lewis of our defense, I really believe the guys on that side of the ball are going to feed off him and there going to be better people expect.

Ray Lewis won't let that defense be bad. He expects everyone to be perfect. Which you have to admire about him. He is a HOFer and I believe Beason will make our DEFENSE in the mold of Ray Lewis's Baltimore Defense.

Go Panthers

#29 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,498 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Several people are gonna burn me at the stake for this, but...

Jon Beason will become better than Ray Lewis ever was. To hell with any of you who would think different.

#30 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

Ray Lewis won't let that defense be bad. He expects everyone to be perfect. Which you have to admire about him. He is a HOFer and I believe Beason will make our DEFENSE in the mold of Ray Lewis's Baltimore Defense.
Go Panthers

Which is something I definitely see coming because now he can have full control of the Defense. I think the last two years he really couldn't do it because of the vets that was on the team. But now that there gone the keys are all his and I sure he's going to get the guys pumped up every game.:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.