#1 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

It seems everyone is making a mock draft, so here is my two cents on who we should take. This could just be another wish list, however:

2nd Round, Pick #48: Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
He's a former defensive end making the move inside to tackle. He's got good size at 6'3", 305 lbs. He could be a very disruptive force in the middle and could make a good replacement for D. Lewis.

3rd Round, Pick #78: Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
This guy has been wowing scouts in his work outs at the combine, and at his pro day. He's got great size for a wide out (6'3", 215 lbs) and blazing speed (4.40 at his pro day). He could very well turn into a #1 WR in short order.

4th Round, Pick 112: Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan
He's the NCAA's all time leader in total touchdowns with 150. He's got experience, leadership, and a good arm. With some development, he could turn into a very good QB in the NFL. Historically, some good QBs have come out of the MAC conference.

6th Round, Pick 175: Brandon Carter, OG, Texas Tech
He's a mauler on the field, and a big motivator and leader on the sidelines. He's got the size that our coaching staff looks for (6'6", 329 lbs). He may have some character issues with a suspension during last season. However, he has the tools to turn into a quality guard at the pro level.

6th Round, Pick 202: George Selvie, DE, South Florida
Highly regarded as a Junior a year ago, he had a lack-luster Senior campaign that has lowered his draft status. He doesn't have the size most look for in an NFL defensive end, but he fits well with Ron Meek's system. He has a great motor and work ethic.

6th Round, Pick 204: Seyi Ajirotutu, WR, Fresno State
Another little-known wide out, Ajirotutu has great size and decent athletic ability. He's coming out of a smaller conference, so there are question marks about the quality of competition he was up against. He isn't afraid to block, which could work out in our scheme. With some work, he could turn into a decent #2 or slot receiver.

7th Round, Pick 223: Levi Horn, OT, Montana
Another small school stand out, he has tremendous size (6'7" 327 lbs) and great athletic ability (he ran a 5.12 forty at his pro day). This guy could be a gem in the late 7th, possibly turning into a quality starter with some work.

7th Round,Pick 249: Darian Stewart, SS, South Carolina
This could just be a SC alum, being biased, but Stewart has decent size and athletic ability, as well as versatility. He played both safety positions while he was at Carolina and he was good on special teams. Also, he's a heavy hitter.

#2 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

i think you have one of the more realstic dafts, 2nd and 3rd round anyway...havent done enough research to know much past that. With that being said, I would'nt be happy with the draft at all.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

I really like this draft.

Especially the Brandon Carter and George Selvie picks.

They are also guys I have the Panthers taking in my mock draft.

#4 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

love the Seyi pick. have had him in my mocks before. kinda starting to like Mitchell. reminds me of Jarrett a little when he was at USC. no thanks to Houston, overhyped due to being on the same defense as Earl thomas, Rodderick Muckelroy, and Kindle. I do think we draft a DT, but WR IS #1 need. Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd, and D'Anthony Smith in the 3rd

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,959 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

love the Seyi pick. have had him in my mocks before. kinda starting to like Mitchell. reminds me of Jarrett a little when he was at USC. no thanks to Houston, overhyped due to being on the same defense as Earl thomas, Rodderick Muckelroy, and Kindle. I do think we draft a DT, but WR IS #1 need. Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd, and D'Anthony Smith in the 3rd

I thought you were an Alualu guy?

#6 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

I thought you were an Alualu guy?

I am, but it's looking more and more he's going in the 2nd.

#7 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

Love Selvie and LeFevour.

#8 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

Not many DTs that fit our system that we can take in the second. The ones I think would be available are:

Cody, Houston, and Alualu.

Out of those three, Houston fights our system the best. He'd be a great inside rusher with the size we need to eat up blockers.

#9 Panther59

Panther59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Decent to good draft but I would replace the Lamarr Houston pick with either Mardy Gilyard or DeMaryius Thomas and the Seyi Ajirotutu pick I would replace with DT Brandon Deaderick who I think is an excellent value for the 6th round. The guy has flown under the radar and had a dissappointing senior season at Bama(after being shot in the arm in a botched robbery attempt) but is a hell of a tackle and could give us some solid size/immediate depth in the middle(6'4" 314).

Overall though I think your draft is pretty decent and I like the Darian Stewart pick. The University of South Carolina isnt called "DB" University for nothing and has produced tons of NFL quality DB's. As a Gamecock season ticket holder for the last decade I've seen Stewart play his entire career at USC and the kid is definitely a football player. I don't care what the draft reports say, the kid has great field vision, is good vs. the run and although he is not the greatest in pass coverage, the kid hits like a freight train and is as tough as mama's leftover pork chop's.

Heck I wish we needed an OLB, would love to be able to pickup Eric Norwood as well, but I'm not even getting my hopes up for that.

#10 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Decent to good draft but I would replace the Lamarr Houston pick with either Mardy Gilyard or DeMaryius Thomas and the Seyi Ajirotutu pick I would replace with DT Brandon Deaderick who I think is an excellent value for the 6th round. The guy has flown under the radar and had a dissappointing senior season at Bama(after being shot in the arm in a botched robbery attempt) but is a hell of a tackle and could give us some solid size/immediate depth in the middle(6'4" 314).

Overall though I think your draft is pretty decent and I like the Darian Stewart pick. The University of South Carolina isnt called "DB" University for nothing and has produced tons of NFL quality DB's. As a Gamecock season ticket holder for the last decade I've seen Stewart play his entire career at USC and the kid is definitely a football player. I don't care what the draft reports say, the kid has great field vision, is good vs. the run and although he is not the greatest in pass coverage, the kid hits like a freight train and is as tough as mama's leftover pork chop's.

Heck I wish we needed an OLB, would love to be able to pickup Eric Norwood as well, but I'm not even getting my hopes up for that.

The great thing about Norwood is his versatility. He could easily bulk back up and move back to DE. He played at around 270 before he moved to OLB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com