Photo
- - - - -

Crum rips Coach K

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Denny Crum and former UK coach Joe B. Hall have a radio show in Louisville. They mostly talk about fishing, hunting and sometimes basketball. Anyway, Crum said this morning that Coach K is a whiner and the reason Butler lost was because of the referees.

Thought that was pretty wild to hear it from a Hall of Fame coach. And before you rip the messenger, I hated Crum when he was at U of L.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

Is kentucky known for it's red whine or white wine? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

I thought the refs sucked too, but in a general sort of way. Overall for the whole tourney, I thought the refs were WAY inconsistent, much more so than I've see before in NCAA ball.

Last night I saw bad calls (and "no calls") against both teams. I wanted Butler to win, but I don't think the refs had too much effect on the outcome.

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Is kentucky known for it's red whine or white wine? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

90 percent of Kentucky hates the University of Louisville

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

So the answer is red whine.

#6 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

The refs were pretty bad, but we lost that game because we couldn't make the shots when they mattered the most.

The pull up three by Mack, the fade-away by Hayward and of course the half court prayer by Hayward.

The refs did play a part in it, but when your best player (Hayward) shoots 2-11, you aren't going to win, and the fact that we should have won, proves that this is one of the best teams to not win the title.

We will be back next year, better believe that.

#7 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

The refs were great in the first half and really inconsistent in the second half. They both shot an even amount of free throws for the game though so IDK if you can say the refs gave it to Duke. I think it was more a result of Singler, Scheyer, and Smith hitting shots when they counted and Zoubek taking care of business on defense.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

If Howard could have sunk a bucket rather than foul for the first 30 minutes, it wouldn't have been close.

#9 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

What is it about Duke and refs? Why does everyone always think the refs are in Duke's pocket? Now, I'm not going to be a homer and say that Duke doesn't get calls--especially in Cameron Indoor--but come on. On this stage? At this juncture? No. If anything, you think the calls would've leaned to BUTLER, because everyone wanted them to win.

I think it was fairly officiated--not necessarily WELL officiated, but fair--and that once again people show their jealousy of Duke's success.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

I saw a lot of aggressive plays by Butler that the refs let go. Hell, if they had hit that last shot the guy got open on a blatant moving pick used to take Singler off of Heyward.

My only point in making this thread is that it is very rare to hear a Hall of Famer say something like that about another. I didn't even realize Crum had any problems with Coach K. For the record, I love Coach K.

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

There was a bad call on one end where Hayward was called on a charge on what should have been a 3 point play, but the refs turned right back around and gave a make up call which gave Zoubek foul # 4. That just about equals out IMO.

And I saw one or two other blatant Euro picks beside that last shot.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

There was a bad call on one end where Hayward was called on a charge on what should have been a 3 point play, but the refs turned right back around and gave a make up call which gave Zoubek foul # 4. That just about equals out IMO.

Yep... those two stuck out so much so that I wondered if that was, in fact, a make-up call.

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,991 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

There was a horrible hold on #5 who was holding Zoubek's arm, jersey, leg and no call. Might have been the one where the ball went off his foot.

Crum doesn't like the fact that K is a made bucket away in 3 games from being 7-1 in Nat'l Champ games.
Loses 3 games by a combined 7 pts I believe.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

There was a horrible hold on #5 who was holding Zoubek's arm, jersey, leg and no call. Might have been the one where the ball went off his foot.

Crum doesn't like the fact that K is a made bucket away in 3 games from being 7-1 in Nat'l Champ games.
Loses 3 games by a combined 7 pts I believe.

You would think as one of the coaches who beat him he wouldn't have an axe to grind. I mean, I could see if Lute Olsen said that. But Crum?

#15 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

That foul on Thomas IMO, should have been a flagrant. To me he clearly hooked Hayward's arm.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com