Photo
- - - - -

QB instead of WR in the 2nd?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

facepalm... Don't question the formula!

Davis, coming back from a MAJOR injury...
Anderson, did well in spot starter duty, but has been around for a while without earning a starting job...
Connor, an ILB that had to fill in at OLB because of our depletion last year...

Say one of them gets hurt... That leaves you two guys playing 60 minutes without a breather... and I'm sorry, but I don't have to confidence at this point in either Anderson or Connor that some of you do... Depth is the biggest reason it is our biggest need overall, but if all the WRs are gone (I think this is our biggest WANT) that we have high atop our board, OLB is surely going to be up there...

I actually agree I think drafting a SLB in this draft is a must, but the value is not there in the 2nd. AJ Edds is my ideal pick. Did you know he is also a longsnapper. Two birds with one stone.

#17 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

This lets someone like Golden Tate or Daryl Washington slide a little, and if they slide enough, we'll do what we have to do to move up and snag him...

If worse comes to worse and we have to stay at 48, it'll be a DB (I really doubt this happens) or a pass rushing DE/OLB hybrid like Jason Worilds... He is actually pretty hot on my radar right now for the Panthers...

i want washington so bad. can play wlb or ilb. great future starter or beastly depth. either way i am happy. plus as you say TD is coming off major surgury and anderson is still a 1 year deal i believe. we drafted TD with a loaded starting LB group too, and that worked out quite nicely. i see washington and weatherspoon (covet) are the 2 best LB for us by a mile. washington is just a playmaker. i dont think washington slides to 48 though.

on worilds, do not want in the 2nd. he isnt even as good as brown (love worilds 1st step but he is hit or miss on getting of the line in a timely fashion). also he is a workout warrior more than a player, upside out the arse (saying that for when he got to VT) but not productive. he was on a shitty line this year, and a decent line in 08, but never really put up huge numbers (did make ryans world hell, and as ryan is now a falcon maybe he can continue to?). short stature too. i am a vt guy an i dont think he fits in the nfl other than a 3-4 OLB or situational pass rusher (that may never come close to hitting his potential). rather have kam chancellor as a SS/WLB prospect out of vt much later.

#18 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

FWIW, Worilds might not even make it out of the first round... a lot of teams are really really high on him...

#19 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

facepalm... Don't question the formula!

Davis, coming back from a MAJOR injury...
Anderson, did well in spot starter duty, but has been around for a while without earning a starting job...
Connor, an ILB that had to fill in at OLB because of our depletion last year...

Say one of them gets hurt... That leaves you two guys playing 60 minutes without a breather... and I'm sorry, but I don't have to confidence at this point in either Anderson or Connor that some of you do... Depth is the biggest reason it is our biggest need overall, but if all the WRs are gone (I think this is our biggest WANT) that we have high atop our board, OLB is surely going to be up there...

All positions are in some type of danger in the case of injuries.

If's when talking about injuries are always there.

OMGawwds What if D-will and Jstew gets hurt!!!!

#20 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

FWIW, Worilds might not even make it out of the first round... a lot of teams are really really high on him...

guess they are thinking better pro than college player. i like him as a 3-4 rush olb

#21 blueblurr

blueblurr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

only if we moved up into the first round and took Tate or Bryant and we still had the 48th but I wouldn't holding my breath!

#22 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

Even If you draft a QB you would have like 3 QB's on the roster with 8 games of starting exp. (all coming from Matt Moore). You would still have too bring in a Vet. So why drfat a QB this year? I don't think we need to even draft 1 this year.

#23 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

No QB Needed in the draft this year... If Moore proves to be our long term starter then were set... If he fails then we can draft a top QB in the draft next year (If he fails we will more than likely have a early 1st round pick to draft a franchise QB)

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com