25 replies to this topic

#1 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

Would you take him in the 2nd?

On top of all that, LaFell apparently turned off some NFL scouts with his workouts and his personal interviews. Landry said none of his 11 NFL clients have LaFell rated higher than the third round

http://www.nola.com/...says_he_ha.html

#2 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Nope. I would take him in the third though.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

3rd maybe.

No tiny hand slow receivers with the dropsy's, please.

#4 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hurney seems to put most stock in film so I would not be surprised if he took him in the 2nd.

#5 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Funny, the article says he has big, strong hands and runs weak routes, while analysis I've read elsewhere says the opposite.

I would take him in the second in a heartbeat. He's a hell of a blocker, has a knack for getting open, and makes a ton of big catches. He'll make a solid contribution for some team for a long time.

#6 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

I've been really picky about potential draft prospects lately, so the answer is no. I'm still hoping for Alualu, Curran or Shipley. I don't have enough information on LaFell tbh to make an informed decision. I've seen highlight reels, but those are too short and don't tell me enough.

edit: I just saw his numbers, and I got to say that I'm not impressed. The answer is no, I would not take him in the 2nd.

Edited by nagai, 15 April 2010 - 07:13 AM.

#7 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

but look at his tape. the guy is a playmaker.....if we could trade down in the second than i would grab him than....

#8 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

Small hands, drops, not a polished route runner, lacks top end speed.. hell no in the 2nd.

#9 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

You have to think that other receivers rated higher will still be around in the 2nd, the guy is a projected 3rd round player with various question marks.

If he is the best receiver left in the 2nd round when we pick, then we need to look at a different position, as that amount of receivers off the board means another position has been ignored.

#10 Panther59

Panther59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

I wouldn't draft him at all, don't really like him, especially when there are WR's that will be available(in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) that are better than him. This years draft seems to be loaded with good reciever's but I'm not convinced LaFell is one of them.

#11 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Bump. Damn glad we didn't take him in the 2nd.. looks like he might be a reach for the 3rd as well..

Looks like scpanther22 and cyberjag were the only two that wanted him with our 2nd rounder.

Edited by Lout, 30 April 2010 - 12:59 PM.

#12 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

Bump. Damn glad we didn't take him in the 2nd.. looks like he might be a reach for the 3rd as well..

Looks like scpanther22 and cyberjag were the only two that wanted him with our 2nd rounder.

thats why I love the draft unpredictable..

I figured the panthers would look at him because he fits the moose role..but he has to work on his hands

#13 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

thats why I love the draft unpredictable..

I figured the panthers would look at him because he fits the moose role..but he has to work on his hands

I thought he would go in the 3rd, but would have had the most value in the 4th.. I don't like drafting WRs that can't catch though.. that is something that doesn't really improve much.

#14 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

I saw on his twitter that he wrote something to the effect of how he is "ready to get better n go get that money."
I realize that the paycheck of the nfl is a fun part of the job, but isn't it a little tacky to come out and talk about that before even stepping foot off the plane?
I just found that a little strange.

#15 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

I thought he would go in the 3rd, but would have had the most value in the 4th.. I don't like drafting WRs that can't catch though.. that is something that doesn't really improve much.

True he had some of the smallest hands at the combine..he is known for dropping passes but he can play most compare him to D.Bowe..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com