Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scpanther22

NFL draft preview: Rating the defensive linemen

1 post in this topic

Tyson Alualu, California

6-2 3/8, 295, Round 2: Has been shooting up draft boards as scouts have seen how effective he played despite regular double teams. “He’s a goin’ machine now,” one scout said. “A good football player. I could see him sneaking up the draft charts. He’s about 6-2, 295, but he stood up, played down, three-technique, end, nose guard, linebacker, sort of a neat guy. Grounded, family guy, all the great intangibles. Really respect and like him.” Had 13½ sacks and 22½ tackles for loss the last two seasons. Tested great — 4..95 seconds in the 40, 35½-inch vertical, though only 21 bench-press reps. “The best (defensive) guy in the (Pac-10),” another scout said. “He’s good, has a high motor, brings it every down, gets after it. He’s a guy I wouldn’t bet against.”

Brian Price, UCLA

6-1 1/8, 303, Round 1: Junior entry with a hard-scrabble background in Los Angeles, has big-time talent but lacks maturity. “First game I watched of him was Tennessee, and he was a first-round draft choice,” a scout said. “Explosive, he could fit in a lot of schemes, just an explosive guy that could go. The more you watched, the more you say I don’t know which guy I’m getting. He’s got two brothers that were killed in the streets, and I don’t know about bringing him in to this city, I’m just not sure. But he’s a really talented dude. Doesn’t play very well, and they had to keep their thumb on him all the time out there.” Better suited for a 4-3 defensive tackle than 3-4 end, but could do either and maybe even play some nose. Had 11½ sacks as a defensive tackle the last two seasons combined. Ran the 40 in 5.16 seconds and did 34 bench-press reps. “You have to be careful with him,” another scout said. “The reason I say that, he’s got one kind of patented move and he’s had some success with it, he just uses a swim move at the line of scrimmage.He’s got very good initial quickness. But when you start running the ball a little bit, he kind of checked out.”

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100418/PKR01/100418043/1058/NFL-draft-preview--Rating-the-defensive-linemen

• Topics

• Do you realize on Day 1 of the new NBA season - we will be over the cap by $12 mil!!!!!!!!

Our disgusting roster puts us over by 11.7 mil to be exact, but that is EVEN WITH the Cap going up from last year.. Naw man, naw.. Cho has got to go.. he has to.. You have a bit of wiggle room, maybe, in that we have a team option on Sessions - so we can save 6 mil by not picking that up - but then we need a backup PG as our #1b priority (#1a = wing scorer).. and anybody knows a backup PG worth a damn is easily gunna cost us more than 6 mil for sure.. Naw man.. he fugged the team.. maybe he was just doing what Jordan told him to do - but that doesn't make it any better:
      - if he made the move because he is a shitty GM and talent evaluator = Fire his ass, you aren't fit to run a NBA franchise
      - if he made the move because Jordan was pressuring him and he caved = Fire his ass, you aren't fit to run a NBA franchise
    • He was still standing in a field in his underwear and worried somebody enough to call the police. Do you really want this guy? He was obviously cut for a reason. Teams don't draft players in the 1st round and not give them every chance to succeed. Are you really a PHD?
    • What makes you so sure Pryer is better competition than Marlowe and Blechen? Those are developing players that already know the defense.