Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Race Hurting Draft Stock ?

32 posts in this topic

One has to wonder if the reporter was just doing a routine interview when Gerhart let that little tid bit out. I'm sure the guys eyes got real big and thought, "I just got a whole new article out of this that my boss will love!!"

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ummmmm ok. What is it about being white that gets them worried, that they're not as athletic as black guys? Hasn't he proved that he is athletic no matter how true those stereotypes are?

It's not racism, it's stereotyping. And it's pretty common.

It's not racism, it's stereotyping. And it's pretty common.

One in the same in this case.

Definiton of racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

I really don't think Gerhart should complain too much its not nearly as bad as the African Americans were discriminated against. And I'm not so sure he would be a 1st rounder even if he were Black. He really is more of a power back.

Short yardage backs might as well have blue skin; but i guess he'll get to whine about it on tv when he get cut or traded for a bag of fritos in a few years.

I'm not really seeing evidence of stereotyping or racism other than the one team's strange question.

I'm not really seeing evidence of stereotyping or racism other than the one team's strange question.

Me either...

Again, they ask stuff like if players ever want to wear women's underwear...

It's NOT racism, but it IS sterotyping. In fact it's a classic case of sterotyping. White rb's fail. Come on.

I bet the scounts that either brought this up or have this mindset, are not on winning squads.

A winner wants to win. And they will get whoever they can to help win.

Not knowing the context in how this was brought up, it could be like what murph said. He may have said this offhandedly and a reporter ran with it.

There is no reason for Gerhart to not be a 2nd round pick. His college stats, measurables, and workouts are worthy of a top 10 pick. Hell who gives a damn even if he's hindu?? The kid can play and IMO will be the 1st White RB to break 1000 yds. since Craig James in 1985 as soon as he's given an opportunity. Any team would be lucky to get him.

Myron Rolle's draft stock is falling because teams don't like educated black men!