Photo
- - - - -

How much do you trust the Mainstream Media?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you trust the mainstream Media? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you trust the mainstream Media?

1. totally, and i think that they cover all the major stories (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. more so than not, and i think that they cover all the major stories (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. about 25% of the time, their stories are mostly irrelevant (16 votes [69.57%])

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

4. hardly ever, their stories are mostly irrelevant (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

yea i know the selections are very limited, wasn't trying to have 20 answer options with sub categories, haha. feel free to discuss the variables :D

Edited by venom, 25 April 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#2 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,539 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

Somewhere in between #1 and #2. Just by following some major world news outlets (such as the UK) it is obvious that the mainstream media in the US deliberately skips major stories. Many of their stories are irrelevant. Many have a political bias.

If I want "BREAKING NEWS" then they are fine. Except TMZ and the national enquirer gets the best scoops.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Can't answer that poll, my answer is not in there. There are publications and organizations I trust, some that are relatively ok, and some that are only good for headline news, not for indepth analysis.

NPR, the Economist, Jane's (although not a mainstream media) and a few others are top notch. NYTimes, the Washington Post are mid level, and Fox/Msnbc are only good for headline stuff and not much else.

There are also some sources, that although more technical in nature, can be top notch news sources when they focus on that area. For example, Popular Mechanics.

But I trust all of them more than I trust most of the non mainstream sites where anyone can post anything they want to without a hint of verification or substance.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 25 April 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#4 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

Can't answer that poll, my answer is not in there. There are publications and organizations I trust, some that are relatively ok, and some that are only good for headline news, not for indepth analysis.

NPR, the Economist, Jane's (although not a mainstream media) and a few others are top notch. NYTimes, the Washington Post are mid level, and Fox/Msnbc are only good for headline stuff and not much else.

There are also some sources, that although more technical in nature, can be top notch news sources when they focus on that area. For example, Popular Mechanics.

But I trust all of them more than I trust most of the non mainstream sites where anyone can post anything they want to without a hint of verification or substance.

yea thats true. there were a lot more variables i thought about trying to get in there, but wasn't trying to have a 20 option poll haha. figured those options would be sufficient, generally speaking.

#5 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

what media outlets do you consider "mainstream?"

#6 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

what media outlets do you consider "mainstream?"

fox, cnn, nbc, abc, msnbc, new york times, washington post, la times, huffington post, popular mechanics, etc.

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

what's mainstream about huffington post? it's independently owned and operated, just like prison planet.

how do you define mainstream?

#8 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

what's mainstream about huffington post? it's independently owned and operated, just like prison planet.

how do you define mainstream?

that is true. i just have their recent sensoring of jesse venura's column on 9/11 stuck in the back of my mind, which wasn't very independent of them haha.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

yeah that ventura thing was messed up.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

If the Huffy censured Jesse Ventura, then I may have to raise my assessment of it from left leaning version of the National Enquirer to left leaning version of Fox.

#11 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Faked celebrations of Muslims after 911. In other words, stock footage from a totally different incident. All I need to know about the MSM.

#12 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

that is true. i just have their recent sensoring of jesse venura's column on 9/11 stuck in the back of my mind, which wasn't very independent of them haha.

Link? I didn't see that.

#13 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,906 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

Link? I didn't see that.

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

Link? I didn't see that.

the invited him to write some articles for the site. he wrote one about 9/11 and they took it down and replaced it with a blurb saying they don't allow conspiracy theories.

#15 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

the invited him to write some articles for the site. he wrote one about 9/11 and they took it down and replaced it with a blurb saying they don't allow conspiracy theories.

Why would you ask a guy that hosts a show called Conspiracy Theory to write an article and tell him he can write whatever he wants and then can it? Wicked tahded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com