419 replies to this topic

#91 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

We could sign Drew Brees for the league minimum and some people would still find a reason to complain.

#92 Calabis

Calabis

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Bears fan here.....I know many of you are asking who the hell is Jamar Williams. I just wanted to say that I think you guys got one hell of a player. He is a great athlete and if not for being stuck behind Briggs, would have been a stud LB in my opinion. When he filled in for Briggs all he did was put up a 20 tackle game and was all over the field(his other fill in jobs he produced as well). I think this guy is going to surprise you guys. He will be missed, many of us Bears fans were pissed that the inept Bears coaching staff couldn't get him on the field....he always showed flashes. If you ever wonder why the Bears let Briggs hit the free agent market a couple years back, it was because Williams. Good luck with your season by the way

#93 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

But, but, but....I just bought a Harris Jersey.....

#94 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,452 posts

Any chance that this trade was requested by harris? I mean what are the odds of trading him back to the team we got him from. Maybe he just wants to finish his career in Chicago.

#95 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

this is by far the dumbest move ever!!! harris was a leader and a good ass player for us...i cant believe hes on the bears again and we get jamar nobody knows me williams...what the f**k.. richardson is a cheapass old pile of poo and he is like al davis now..hes not thinking with his head on his shoulders. this is worse than giving julius away for free. this season is now up in the air.. and im being optimistic but panthers will be 6-10 this season. i can already see the defense stuggling early on jus like last year when harris was out with an injury. this is gonna hurt us in the long run

Where do these people come from? Are there thousands of people who read this board and get upset at the most random things, causing them to appear at random times making retarded posts regurgitating the same thing that someone else said only minutes earlier?

#96 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

this is by far the dumbest move ever!!! harris was a leader and a good ass player for us...i cant believe hes on the bears again and we get jamar nobody knows me williams...what the f**k.. richardson is a cheapass old pile of poo and he is like al davis now..hes not thinking with his head on his shoulders. this is worse than giving julius away for free. this season is now up in the air.. and im being optimistic but panthers will be 6-10 this season. i can already see the defense stuggling early on jus like last year when harris was out with an injury. this is gonna hurt us in the long run

You hear that Richardson? Carolina Huddle forums poster "tacdiddy" is fed up!

You know, I hear George Shinn is selling the Hornets. Maybe after he sells, he'll come back to Charlotte and rescue this franchise from the cold, steely grip of Jerry Richardson.

#97 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

If I was going to trade Chris Harris, literally the last position I would try to get is another LB.

#98 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,020 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Davis - Beason - Williams...backed up by Anderson - Conner - Norwood

Good God that is nasty.

#99 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Made mention we have two younger and more talented safeties. This doesn't surprise me. That being said..harris was my favorite on the back end. Will miss him.

yea, I'll sure miss him. idk whats going on anymore. he wasnt the best safety in pass coverage, but he was the leader of the secondary, and a leader of the whole team as well, and he punished anybody near him who had the football. i guess it had something to do with his age, and i'm not going to kid myself, other that 2008, he wasnt irreplaceable, but i just thought that he was more important to team chemistry than the million dollars that this move saved.

i guess JR is just looking at the big picture, harris would be pretty old by the time the lock-out is over with.

#100 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

You hear that Richardson? Carolina Huddle forums poster "tacdiddy" is fed up!

You know, I hear George Shinn is selling the Hornets. Maybe after he sells, he'll come back to Charlotte and rescue this franchise from the cold, steely grip of Jerry Richardson.

=/

That's harsh.

lmao.

#101 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

If I was going to trade Chris Harris, literally the last position I would try to get is another LB.

who is too old anyway at 25 :rolleyes:

#102 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, I tried too.

I knew something was wrong when the board was taking a while to load.

lol. yep. when it isnt the draft or the post season, and there are 1000+ members signed on, you know something is up...

#103 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Kinda torn on this trade.

For one, I'm excited that Sherod Martin just jumped into the starting lineup. We'll finally have a ball hawking safety.

On the other side, we just lost one of my favorite Panthers, and one of the only true veterans left on defense. I just see it "don't fix what aint broke." He was apart of the #4 ranked pass defense last season, it's not like he's a bad player..

sigh, front office you confuse me.

#104 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hello UDFA Safety Matt O'Hanlon - I think we have something with this guy.

#105 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,020 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Madhatter, even if he isn't a scrub, you think he's an upgrade over Connor and/or Anderson? I think he and Anderson are essentially the same player... That's where I don't understand wanting him back as compensation.

Not sure. Some of the reports about the trade said that he would immediately upgrade over Conner/Anderson at the SLB spot. Have not seen enough of him to know.

Our LB corp is down right nasty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.