Photo
- - - - -

The mini camp thread...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
217 replies to this topic

#211 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Uh oh....it's GettleMagic

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

You mean Cedar?

well played. :D

#212 scpanther22

scpanther22

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

little surprising to hear.

Though it's fairly apparent Tuesday's move was as much salary dump (Harris had $7.7 million left on his contract over the next three years) as about getting young players on the field, Fox made no effort to hide his feelings when asked his opinion Sunday morning.

"We've got a budget," he replied matter-of-factly. "And that had something to do with it."

The Panthers got backup LB Jamar Williams in the deal, who could add some depth which was needed. But Fox's statement made clear it might not have been his preference.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#213 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

The single-best play I saw in all the sessions was by the other starting cornerback, Chris Gamble. He made a diving interception Saturday on a ball that looked like he had no chance to get. Very quietly, Gamble has been putting together a pretty nice career and I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing this guy get some more recognition.

I came away really impressed by what I saw out of Armanti Edwards, the rookie out of Appalachian State. He played quarterback in college, but the Panthers are going to use him as a receiver and a punt returner. This kid is pretty dynamic and can be an instant factor in the slot. Fox and coordinator Jeff Davidson haven’t used a slot receiver much in recent years. Might be time to change that and there could be other ways designed to get Edwards some touches. In fact, this kid could turn out to be what some people thought The Golden Calf of Bristol could be. Plus, I think Edwards’ throwing motion might be better than The Golden Calf of Bristol’s.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

#214 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

I thought I recognized Yasinskas coming out of practice late Saturday.

#215 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

Mini-camp highlight video:

http://www.panthers....f0-2c7ac885ba0b

#216 himountain

himountain

ROOKIE

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

I might be overly optimistic but I am really looking forward to the Panthers season. I like going young. The panther impressed me last year at the end of the season when many of our veterans were hurt.

I think John Fox surely will be smart enough to view this as a great opportunity and will save his Job.

#217 Strong Arm

Strong Arm

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

Anyone know what time the OTAs start next week?

#218 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

I absolutely loved the Norwood pick. He was a steal in the 4th round, IMO. He probably would have been gone way before then if he was a true DE instead of a DE/OLB tweener.

Once he's shown people what he can do, that moniker will pay dividends for him in his NFL future.