Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on Hunting

How do you feel about hunting of wild animals?   40 votes

1. 1. How do you feel about hunting of wild animals?

• I think it’s a GREAT sport!
    • I think it’s a legitimate way to obtain food.
    • I think its important people know how to hunt in case of a collapse of society.
    • I think it’s inhumane and not necessary for our survival.
    • I have no opinion on it.
    • Other – Specify below

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Regarding the stalking and killing of Wild Animals. Vote :D

This is a multiple choice poll... so answer if you agree with two or more.

Posted · Report post

Natural order of things.

Posted · Report post

I eat meat, but I don't hunt. I think it's a weird way to spend time, personally. If I'm going to be outside, I'd rather be playing golf. I really find it strange when people take pride in hunting. I understand the need for it, but shooting a moose or bear or lion or whatever for sport is pretty lame.

Posted · Report post

These days, hunting is only NECESSARY when there is overpopulation of a species that might upset the balance of an ecosystem. Now...I grew up next to an avid hunting family and I have nothing against it if it is fair, you consume what you kill, don't take more then your limit. I DO NOT believe in hunting for sport. A lot of people have their heads up their @sses and don't realize that wild animals, especially larger wild animals are being encroached on and are losing their natural food chain, thus forcing them to prey on other game. That is one reason you've seen so many cougar and mt. lion attacks on joggers and hikers and even kids in their own neighborhoods in Cal and Col. the past 8-10 years.

Posted · Report post

pointless, stupid, borderline sociopathic. on the plus side they're more likely to die early.

Posted · Report post

eat what you kill.

Posted · Report post

eat what you kill.

Agree with this.

Hunting for trophy is stupid.

Posted · Report post

#2 #3

Posted · Report post

3. I don't personally hunt. Eat what you kill is fine with me and I get how it can control populations and such.

But push come to shove, you better know how to survive.

Posted · Report post

Agree with beans and pantherfanny, eat what you kill. It's delicious.

Posted · Report post

Hunting plentiful game I have no problem with. My uncles would sit around with 22's when they were kids shooting prairie dogs because cows and even worse, horses would step in their holes and get injured.

So if your hunting a pest or hunting a game animal that's plentiful I don't really have any problem with it.

You should eat ALL of it too. Deer is a little hard but any bird can be entirely converted to food. You can roast it whole and boil the carcass for stock.

Hunting for sport isn't admirable at all. At school the local copy shop has a bunch of family photos of the owner's family. One photo shows an older guy with a large caliber rifle standing next to a dead hippo. A HIPPO. How the fug do you get enjoyment out of shooting a hippo, and how does that require any skill? A big ass lumbering target that doesn't give a poo about any predators because it can just slide into the water.

Posted · Report post

#2 and #3... although, one could survive on plants and fish alone...

There is nothing "sporty" about sitting in one spot waiting for an animal to wander by...

True "sport" hunters would use a handmade bow, or a spear, without sights or other technology to aid them, and on a playing field in which they risked the very death they sought to bring to the prey...