Photo
- - - - -

Your thoughts on Hunting

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about hunting of wild animals? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about hunting of wild animals?

1. I think it’s a GREAT sport! (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

2. I think it’s a legitimate way to obtain food. (22 votes [43.14%])

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

3. I think its important people know how to hunt in case of a collapse of society. (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. I think it’s inhumane and not necessary for our survival. (5 votes [9.80%])

Percentage of vote: 9.80%

5. I have no opinion on it. (5 votes [9.80%])

Percentage of vote: 9.80%

6. Other – Specify below (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Regarding the stalking and killing of Wild Animals. Vote :D

This is a multiple choice poll... so answer if you agree with two or more.

#2 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Natural order of things.

#3 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

I eat meat, but I don't hunt. I think it's a weird way to spend time, personally. If I'm going to be outside, I'd rather be playing golf. I really find it strange when people take pride in hunting. I understand the need for it, but shooting a moose or bear or lion or whatever for sport is pretty lame.

#4 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

These days, hunting is only NECESSARY when there is overpopulation of a species that might upset the balance of an ecosystem. Now...I grew up next to an avid hunting family and I have nothing against it if it is fair, you consume what you kill, don't take more then your limit. I DO NOT believe in hunting for sport. A lot of people have their heads up their @sses and don't realize that wild animals, especially larger wild animals are being encroached on and are losing their natural food chain, thus forcing them to prey on other game. That is one reason you've seen so many cougar and mt. lion attacks on joggers and hikers and even kids in their own neighborhoods in Cal and Col. the past 8-10 years.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

pointless, stupid, borderline sociopathic. on the plus side they're more likely to die early.

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

eat what you kill.

#7 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

eat what you kill.

Agree with this.

Hunting for trophy is stupid.

#8 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

#2 #3

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

3. I don't personally hunt. Eat what you kill is fine with me and I get how it can control populations and such.
But push come to shove, you better know how to survive.

#10 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

Agree with beans and pantherfanny, eat what you kill. It's delicious.

#11 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hunting plentiful game I have no problem with. My uncles would sit around with 22's when they were kids shooting prairie dogs because cows and even worse, horses would step in their holes and get injured.

So if your hunting a pest or hunting a game animal that's plentiful I don't really have any problem with it.

You should eat ALL of it too. Deer is a little hard but any bird can be entirely converted to food. You can roast it whole and boil the carcass for stock.

Hunting for sport isn't admirable at all. At school the local copy shop has a bunch of family photos of the owner's family. One photo shows an older guy with a large caliber rifle standing next to a dead hippo. A HIPPO. How the fug do you get enjoyment out of shooting a hippo, and how does that require any skill? A big ass lumbering target that doesn't give a poo about any predators because it can just slide into the water.

#12 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

#2 and #3... although, one could survive on plants and fish alone...

There is nothing "sporty" about sitting in one spot waiting for an animal to wander by...

True "sport" hunters would use a handmade bow, or a spear, without sights or other technology to aid them, and on a playing field in which they risked the very death they sought to bring to the prey...

#13 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

#2 and #3... although, one could survive on plants and fish alone...

There is nothing "sporty" about sitting in one spot waiting for an animal to wander by...

True "sport" hunters would use a handmade bow, or a spear, without sights or other technology to aid them, and on a playing field in which they risked the very death they sought to bring to the prey...

where does it stop though? Shouldn't they forget the bow and just sticks and stones like cavemen?

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

If I'm going to sit and wait in a tree in the cold and dark for hours on end, I can think of a lot of things I'd want to shoot rather than some animal I've never had any interaction with.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,358 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

I don't hunt, never have. I grew up with lots of people that did... most of the people I grew up with did actually. I don't have a problem with it in and of itself... and I do agree with the "eat what you kill" theory.
I do have a problem with deer hunting with dogs. Mostly guys will let the dogs out on one road, let them run the deer to the next road, and shoot them. That's not hunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com