Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Armanti Edwards our new Ricky Proehl???

32 posts in this topic

yeah's like ricky proehl... if proehl weren't slow white and awkward...

You do know who Ricky Proehl is, right?

This guy?

Yes, Edwards is arguably more athletic than Proehl, but he's got a LONG way to becoming anything like the receiver Proehl was.

I hope he does, he has a lot of potential, but there's absolutely no need to belittle Proehl's accomplishments.

I go to ASU and I'm a little biased on this subject. However, I've seen the most incredible plays of football come from Mr. Edwards. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a huge asset to our club.

1 person likes this

Our first Armanti Edwards.

I'd say Az-Zahir Hakim is a better receiver comparison than Ricky Proehl.

I would totally go out and buy an A. Edwards jersey right now...

but I think he should do like Brazilian soccer players and just go by his 1st name...

Mixon: "Moore pass to Armanti in the end zone...TD!!!!"

I'd say Az-Zahir Hakim is a better receiver comparison than Ricky Proehl.

Az-Zahir Hakim couldn't sniff Ricky Proehl jock.

Proehl played 17 season and had 7 of those season he had more yardage than Hakims best of 9 season.

Proehl was a stud and a great slot receiver. Hakim was adequate.

I would love to see Edwards do the things in the slot until Smitty retires and then move out to the #1 spot.

Proehl ?? I am expecting much more from Edwards

Az-Zahir Hakim couldn't sniff Ricky Proehl jock.

Proehl played 17 season and had 7 of those season he had more yardage than Hakims best of 9 season.

Proehl was a stud and a great slot receiver. Hakim was adequate.

I would love to see Edwards do the things in the slot until Smitty retires and then move out to the #1 spot.

Bingo. Hakim was just a quick slot guy that benefited from playing alongside; Warner, Faulk, Holt, and Bruce all in their primes. People literally forgot to cover him.

I don't know, but if Edwards is even half the asset to the team that Ricky Proehl was, then I'm all for it. Ricky was the best thing since Wesley Walls was doing amazing things, and I for one would sure love to see that kind of production from a receiver other than Steve Smith again!

Yeah except Edwards trumps any amount of athletic ability Proehl ever had.

yeah's like ricky proehl... if proehl weren't slow white and awkward...

Ricky more than made up for his shortcomings.

You guys know the rule:

"Only caucasian wide receivers of the Carolina Panthers football organization can be considered for and given the title of 'Our new Ricky Proehl' and any according threads must be started as soon as said player joins team and skin color is recognized. There may be a waiting period administered to ensure correct color identification, slow speed, awkward athleticism and capability of handling homer-induced overratedness. No blacks."

wat are u guys? nuobs?

1 person likes this

I hope he turns out to be another Ricky Proehl, but really if he does it would be 5 or 10 years down the road. The reason Ricky was great at what he did was because he outsmarted the guy across from him, despite his limitations. And I doubt a rookie would have the experience or expertise to do so, and he doesnt seem to really have the lack of speed. But if he does turn out to be another incredibly intelligent receiver i'm all for it.