Photo
- - - - -

Raleigh/Johnston Co. area fans.. a question..

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

So, I have always either watched the Panthers on TV at home, or in person in the stands... The only exception to this was our NFL Network game which I watched at the Carolina Ale House (in Cary I think?)...

We will be having a friend couple as company to watch the game with, and the idea was brought up about watching the game somewhere other than our house... I don't really like the idea all that much, in that I like to be comfortable when watching the game, and I can't very well shout profanities in public like I can behind my own walls... I don't drink, so that wouldn't be a plus either...

Not having ever really watched a game elsewhere, do places like Buffalo Wild Wings and get pushy if you sit there at a table for 3 hours watching a game?

I know that may be a silly question, as a lot of those places are built for it, but I know Saturdays can be busy nights, and I expect this one to be extra busy....

Also, got any suggestions of good places to go and watch it if that is the route they decide to go?

I offered up to make burgers/dogs on the grill and us just watch it at the house, but I dunno if they will all want to do that...

Thanks!

#2 plewis

plewis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

The new McDonalds on Western Blvd has TVs that'll probably be on the game.

If you're 21 then Sammy's would be a good place to go. Playmakers is pretty big and has pretty good wings. Anyplace downtown'll probably be packed out. I think I'm just going to watch it at my apartment, but I don't think any of the Sports Bars would be a bad choice.

#3 Octane2079

Octane2079

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

Playmakers has alot of seats where you can barely see tv's. The best sports bar in Raleigh IMO is Sammy's just because of the sheer volume of TV's and very competitive beer prices.

#4 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Sammy's

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

If you don't drink then put your foot down and watch it at home. To me you'd be detracting from your experience, plus it'd be my luck I wouldn't be able to hear the game if I did something like that.

Why don't you drink?

#6 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

Oh I see that you don't drink.

These new McDonald's with HDTVs that are popping up all over the area are surprisingly cool. Also, I don't know how close you are to Dunn, but Zane's is a great sports grille here in town.

#7 BHiott

BHiott

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

I'm leaning towards Falls Tap Room. They have over 60 taps and good food. (I say "motherfugin'" in there all the time, so your outbursts should be ok. The bar is seperated from the dining area.)

#8 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

What about the BWW in Garner?

I'd just put my foot down and stay home. Although with our HD receiver being on the fritz, watching at someone else's house or a bar sounds like a great idea.

Hey, let the other's go out, and me and big daddy will go watch with you at your house. I can bring fried chicken and bbq. :D

Ummm...what tv do you have?

#9 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Oh I see that you don't drink.

These new McDonald's with HDTVs that are popping up all over the area are surprisingly cool. Also, I don't know how close you are to Dunn, but Zane's is a great sports grille here in town.

I just finished eating lunch there. Great ribs.

#10 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,417 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

I've been to BWW in Garner.. The wings are pretty good, there is alot of area, but it's mostly in a smoking section (would be an issue if you hate smoke)... So it wouldn't be a bad place to watch the game, but- I would definitely call to check whether they are putting the game up on their TVs with sound.. I've never watched an important game there, so I would definitely make sure it's their priority to show it. (I know, would be ridiculous if they didn't, but need I really go into it?)

Other than that, Playmakers in Raleigh would be a great place to view it. If ya get center seats, you're right there to view everything. Hopefully they aren't playing karaoke during the game..

I'd call any place you go to be sure they have the game on with no other b.s. going on during that game.

#11 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Ummm...what tv do you have?

lol a 42" Sony Wega HD...

As far as "putting my foot down".. lol I ain't like that... I really would love to watch it at home, and that might actually be what it comes down to, but if they want to go out, then I am cool with that too... I just want to be able to see/hear the game regardless of where it is...

For the "Why don't you drink?" hehe.. Lot's of reasons I guess, but probably the most pressing one is that I don't like the taste of any alchohol... I mean I have drank, and I have been drunk... but meh.. not for me I guess...

#12 Cold Cat

Cold Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

I've watched lots of games in bars. Problem is most places don't play the sound...

#13 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Aye... BWW in Garner was metnioned, and we have watched other games there before while we ate.. Couldn't hear anything that I could recall, but they did seem to be "pushy" in the busy times to get you up once you were done eating...

We'll see... The house might just be the best option, and I think everyone might even be cool with it...

#14 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Stay home

#15 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

tell everyone that you have an unwavering superstition that if you are not AT the game that you must watch it from your recliner. Tell them you do not want to tempt fate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com