• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

a cover pic for an article about players under pressure this year.

http://msn.foxsports...r-pressure-2010

Matt Moore, QB, Carolina

Despite glimpses of greatness and closing with an 4-1 record as the starter, Matt Moore's already dealing with the "Jimmy Clausen Watch" in Carolina. The local media’s abuzz about the rookie, and you can bet the national media will be, too. It's only May, and Moore's already dealing with questions about the golden-armed Golden Domer. A lot of folks like the young Panthers in 2010, but Moore will do himself no favors if he starts the year shaky.

#2 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

This league/media/fans makes no sense to me. Moore has done everything right he possibly could (both on and off the field) and yet he gets next to no respect.

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

"Top No Names Under Pressure"

no name in the spotlight?

#4 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,341 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

What I find funny is that everybody is expecting him to fail, only to make way for a QB that hasn't even gone through training camp yet.

#5 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

wow, if you just think about it for a minute, moore is under the most pressure of his life right now.

he is a nondrafted QB whos destiny was probably to be floated around on different practice squads around the country, but under freak circumstances he had his oppertunity to start and did a really good job with it.

now that he is finally living his childhood dream come true, he has claussen right behind him, reminding him of what can happen if he losses his shot, or doesnt play well this year.

i hope he plays well, and that whatever his future is, be it as a panther, or somewhere else, he will have the chance to be a starter.

#6 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

a conundrum indeed.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

The only member of the media that are clammoring about and for Clausen are the national talking heads who know absolutely NOTHING about the Panthers.

they need a story...they see a young Qb on a team that took a QB in the 2nd.....ahhhhh there is their story.

fuging idiots

#8 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

The link won't open for me..

#9 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

The only member of the media that are clammoring about and for Clausen are the national talking heads who know absolutely NOTHING about the Panthers.

they need a story...they see a young Qb on a team that took a QB in the 2nd.....ahhhhh there is their story.

f**king idiots

they're not so much idiots as just lazy bums who don't feel like really looking into the story.

#10 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

first picture you see when you visit the fox nfl website. Who was the last Panther to do that (not counting Peppers)

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,818 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Matt Moore, QB, Carolina

Despite glimpses of greatness and closing with an 4-1 record as the starter, Matt Moore's already dealing with the "Jimmy Clausen Watch" in Carolina. The local media’s abuzz about the rookie, and you can bet the national media will be, too. It's only May, and Moore's already dealing with questions about the golden-armed Golden Domer. A lot of folks like the young Panthers in 2010, but Moore will do himself no favors if he starts the year shaky.

Really? :confused:

(I must be reading the wrong sites)

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

The backup quarterback is the most popular guy on the team until he actually plays and shows why he was the backup. Or he does like Moore and plays well and suddenly he gets a target on his back and the new backup replaces him as the most popular guy again.

#13 Skip

Skip

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

Matt Moore will not be a "No-Name" for long. He has greatness in his future.

#14 Carolinafan320

Carolinafan320

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

moore has earned the starting job and has proved himself. he has some NFL experience now and tons of confidence. he is in no danger of losing the job unless he gets hurt or starts throwing multiple delhomme's(interceptions) a game.

Edited by Carolinafan320, 20 May 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#15 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Moore's winning record as a professional should more than cement him as the without-question number one.

Especially on a team that had college superhero Chris Weinke at one point...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.