326 replies to this topic

#31 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Israel killed them in international waters nltf, I believe. Thus, if that is the case, your entire point is invalidated.

#32 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Israel killed them in international waters nltf, I believe. Thus, if that is the case, your entire point is invalidated.

I agree. This was provocative.

I'd go even further in saying that I hope we find a way to pull out of the region soon because they are going to provoke a confrontation with their neighbors just because we are there. A war we cannot win.

#33 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

No, not really.

Israel said they wouldn't let any ships enter Gaza. There is absolutely no doubt that this is exactly what this flotilla was trying to do. And Israel didn't let them do it.

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

International waters doesn't really matter. If the Israelis suspect the ships are carrying arms, then they have the right according to maritime law to stop the boats and inspect them, just as we do. And its a right we exercise quite a bit btw. The Coast Guard, sometimes with the military in company, stops suspected arms and drug smugglers all the time in the Gulf and Carribean. And we even have firefights with them on occassion.

It appears that the Israelis sent specials ops forces to inspect the cargo on the boats. The Israelis went in heavy handed, and those on the boats reacted angrily, and the Israelis responded with gunfire.

#35 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

I don't like where this is all going...

#36 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

As a hawkish conservative, I can relate to the Israelis. This is why they have survived 50 years surrounded by people who hate them.

#37 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

As a hawkish conservative, I can relate to the Israelis. This is why they have survived 50 years surrounded by people who hate them.

How do you feel about our troops and more borrowed money from China funding an endless war because they can't live with their neighbors who were there thousands of years before them as foreigners who were dropped into a foreign civilization.

We can't afford it. This will break our bank if we are forced into this. How do you feel about that as a conservative?

#38 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,902 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

if things are bad now with terrorists and the like, Imagine if we aid in a war with israel. The U.S. is in a rock and a hard place when it comes to this topic.

#39 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,402 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

How do you feel about our troops and more borrowed money from China funding an endless war because they can't live with their neighbors who were there thousands of years before them as foreigners who were dropped into a foreign civilization.

We can't afford it. This will break our bank if we are forced into this. How do you feel about that as a conservative?

That's a slick thing. Forced or snookered? Those behind the flotilla know full well the dillyo.
They send something over to Israel knowing the type of response they get.
All to put Israel in the corner with the rest of the world while sacrificing their own people. They would rather lose a few innocents to make Israel look like the villian. Time and time again. This caka is so old and stupid.
Let's take Israel and Palestine and send them to a planet they can live on and cry, bitch, moan, complain blow each other up there. Because they would. Both wouldn't know peace, or logic or reason if if fell on top of them.
Both sides are cro magnon's. Join the civilized world ya morons.

#40 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

If Israel wants to go around blowing poo up let em. They don't need our approval. It will never happen, but we need to stay outta it. These bullshit alliances we have with all these fugers are going to do us in.

#41 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

All their "hawkish" leadership who are so fearful should be allowed back into their choice of country in Europe or any other UN country to allow a peace agreement and the state of Palestine to re-emerge. That would be the only way I could think of. This fearfulness and subsequent hostility is what will always stand in the way, which is why I'm so afraid of them escalating this thing.

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

Our troops don't help the Israelis fight a war. They are one of the few allies that don't require US troop assistance. Unless of course you buy that ridiculous nonsense about the war in Iraq being in support of Israel.

As far as providing them with funds, that is actually part of the Camp David peace accords. The funds we provide them and the Egyptians has kept the peace between the two since 1977. I would say the price is small and well worth it.

And there has been a Jewish presence in the area just as long as there has been a palestinian presence. And there hasn't been a palestinian nation for a long time, if ever. Recorded history has the territory being possessed by the Israelis, then the Romans, then Arabs, then the Crusaders, then back to the Arabs, then the Turks/Ottomans, then the British, and finally back to the Israelis. At the time of the UN accord, there were more than a million palestinians, and about 800,000 or so jews living in the area. Creating one state would have furthered the civil war that was already ongoing. A two state solution seemed the best at the time, and had the Palestinians accepted the initial provisions of the UN accord that created the two states, they would have had their state a long time ago. They got greedy in a war and lost and have been struggling to get back what they could have had in 1948.

#43 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

Our troops don't help the Israelis fight a war. They are one of the few allies that don't require US troop assistance. Unless of course you buy that ridiculous nonsense about the war in Iraq being in support of Israel.

As far as providing them with funds, that is actually part of the Camp David peace accords. The funds we provide them and the Egyptians has kept the peace between the two since 1977. I would say the price is small and well worth it.

And there has been a Jewish presence in the area just as long as there has been a palestinian presence. And there hasn't been a palestinian nation for a long time, if ever. Recorded history has the territory being possessed by the Israelis, then the Romans, then Arabs, then the Crusaders, then back to the Arabs, then the Turks/Ottomans, then the British, and finally back to the Israelis. At the time of the UN accord, there were more than a million palestinians, and about 800,000 or so jews living in the area. Creating one state would have furthered the civil war that was already ongoing. A two state solution seemed the best at the time, and had the Palestinians accepted the initial provisions of the UN accord that created the two states, they would have had their state a long time ago. They got greedy in a war and lost and have been struggling to get back what they could have had in 1948.

The ethnic Jews and their descendants aren't treated too well in Israel. As we know most of this is centered on ethnicity and politics as far as the Islamic world is concerned. The leadership of Israel has to understand that the hawkish warmongering is not going to provide them with a peaceful situation and they shouldn't think that saber rattling is going to get them any peace. In their situation such a stance is a destructive one and a very senseless strategically. The US has been trying to tell them that for years.

Edited by rippadonn, 31 May 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#44 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

Didn't say I like being tied to them. I said I can relate to them. I understand them. They are backed in a corner and surrounded by people who don't play by the rules. These people sneak into their country and blow up busloads of innocent people. I'd fight fire with fire, too.

#45 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

The ethnic Jews and their descendants aren't treated too well in Israel. As we know most of this is centered on ethnicity and politics as far as the Islamic world is concerned. The leadership of Israel has to understand that the hawkish warmongering is not going to provide them with a peaceful situation and they shouldn't think that saber rattling is going to get them any peace. In their situation such a stance is a destructive one and a very senseless strategically.

I agree somewhat. I think that they should take a hardline stance towards real military threats, such as they did in the six day war. But otherwise, they would be better off with a more moderate diplomatic policy.

That being said, I do think the Israelis suffer from a siege mentality in that they are constantly attacked, and surrounded by hostile neighbors, so I understand their reaction even if I don't always agree with it.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 31 May 2010 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com