• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#31 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

If we get Calderon and somehow get enough space or w/e to get Jefferson.... I'd be really happy with our FO this offseason.

I just don't want to take back Reggie Evans because he eats up the money that trading Chandler would give us.

#32 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

Meh..... I'll have to wait until all the trades are done to evaluate. I've seen some of Calderon and I'm not really impressed. I was not high on Felton's playoff performance, but I still don't see Calderon as an upgrade... more of a minor downgrade IMO. As far as money goes Chandler was an expiring contact. Calderon make 9 mil, 9.7 mil, and 10.5 mil the next 3 seasons.... about $30 million over 3 years.... don't see him being worth his contract at all.

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Meh..... I'll have to wait until all the trades are done to evaluate. I've seen some of Calderon and I'm not really impressed. I was not high on Felton's playoff performance, but I still don't see Calderon as an upgrade... more of a minor downgrade IMO. As far as money goes Chandler was an expiring contact. Calderon make 9 mil, 9.7 mil, and 10.5 mil the next 3 seasons.... about $30 million over 3 years.... don't see him being worth his contract at all.

In his previous years where he avg'd 12-13 points and close to 9 assists a game, that was some good ball. I'd take that.

#34 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

In his previous years where he avg'd 12-13 points and close to 9 assists a game, that was some good ball. I'd take that.

This. Calderon just had a down year and LB is famous for coaching up PGs. Does anybody think that its coincidence that Felton's best year to date was his second year under Larry Brown?

Even without LB, Calderon is an upgrade over Felton. Higher percentage shooter, better facilitator, higher PER. And don't look at it like we're adding a bad contract at PG. We're swapping Diaw for Calderon.

#35 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

You maybe right.... I'm not talking from a stats stand point. I'm just talking from the raptor games I watched. He couldn't even win the starting the PG spot out right. I think his play down the stretch last season is why the raptors wanted to move him.... I think he proved to them he is not their PG of the future. Like I said, this is just what I got from watching him play.... not stats.

#36 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,388 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

http://www.cbssports...headlines;other

It's a done deal, just pending league approval.

#37 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Everyone has their opinion.... It'll be great if rises to his potential. But I'm just not excited about him. I'm not gonna be excited over every player the bobcats sign... this is one. Like I said, I just did not like what I saw with his game.... I hope it's a lot better next season with us.

#38 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Woohoo.

Nice trade.

#39 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Jose was hurt a good bit last yeaR but he is a better player than Felton when both are healthy. I am VERY happy with the offseason so far.

#40 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

http://www.cbssports...headlines;other

It's a done deal, just pending league approval.

Wish they'd be more specific on what the Bobcats are getting.

#41 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

I think this is a rarity in that all teams involved seem to have improved with the moves.

Basically, each team traded away excess depth.

#42 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

I see who Reggie Evans is, but who is Jones?

#43 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Wish they'd be more specific on what the Bobcats are getting.

Reggie Evans and his expiring contract will be sent to the Bobcats as part of Monday's trade between Charlotte, Toronto, and Phoenix.

Evans' game hasn't evolved over the years -- he's a bruising PF who will rebound the ball and play hard-nosed defense, but that's about it. He may actually get some burn backing up Tyrus Thomas, as Charlotte's frontcourt isn't exactly bursting with talent.

Source: Toronto Sun

#44 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Reggie Evans and his expiring contract will be sent to the Bobcats as part of Monday's trade between Charlotte, Toronto, and Phoenix.

Evans' game hasn't evolved over the years -- he's a bruising PF who will rebound the ball and play hard-nosed defense, but that's about it. He may actually get some burn backing up Tyrus Thomas, as Charlotte's frontcourt isn't exactly bursting with talent.

Source: Toronto Sun

Damn, not too excited about getting him since he takes up the cap room we got by trading Chandler. We still need a center though, and now we've got Evans' expiring deal to add to Mohammad's. We're not done making moves.

#45 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

Damn, not too excited about getting him since he takes up the cap room we got by trading Chandler. We still need a center though, and now we've got Evans' expiring deal to add to Mohammad's. We're not done making moves.

I don't think we are getting Jones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users