Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are Gay parents always glorified as Awesome, Caring and Charming?

84 posts in this topic

Posted

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

You can adopt the foresaken love child of a Olympian athlete and nuclear physicist, doesn't mean you can go on autopliot and let the kid raise himself.

If a any couple raises a child successfully it's because they were good parents not genetics.

Posted

I like how quickly SouthCak ends up arguing against his original "law of averages" stance.

funny-pictures-you-talking-to-me-1cH.jpg

Posted

You can adopt the foresaken love child of a Olympian athlete and nuclear physicist, doesn't mean you can go on autopliot and let the kid raise himself.

If a any couple raises a child successfully it's because they were good parents not genetics.

So if a kid has sh*tty parents, he's doomed to be a suck on society? No. Just like a kid that is raised right is not destined for greatness.

So genetic makeup means nothing now?

No more arguing that being gay is genetic then. And all you parents that have kids with autism? Don't cry, it's your fault.

Sorry, genetics do come into play.

Posted

Some kids are just destined to be jackasses. When we finally have more gay families to study and they start getting some of these jackasses-to-be, then the studies will be more relevant.

Posted

By the way rodeo, I filled out an EQ CA support form that I was handed on the sidewalk today. Just so you know where I am coming from.

Posted

This is just heading in all sorts of awful directions.

Having an autistic kid is not having a bad apple or a jackass. It also does not mean your a bad parent or that you will be a bad parent.

I also don't know where your comments about genetic make-up comes from. It's totally off topic. Our genes determine our traits on all levels. Even stuff like how smart you are or how depressed you get.

Do your genes make you go out and rob liquor stores or get a masters degree? No. That's your environment, parents are a huge part of that.

For example, take two twins with Bi-polar disorder. One twin gets adopted by parents who take him/her to doctors and try to help them deal with it. The other's parents don't care and just let the twin go nuts.

They might have both been given a bit of a raw deal with their genetic side but it's the parents in the end who determine how the kid turns out.

Posted

Gay parents adopt. Therefore they have a certain amount of choice in who they adopt. Do you not think this skews the numbers these studies produce in their favor a bit? They most likely choose a kid without bi-polar than one with bi-polar.

My argument is against the legitimacy of these studies that conclude gay parents are better than straight parents. They should just compare gay parents to straight parents who adopted. This would be a more legit comparison.

Posted

because studies show that gays make better parents.

playing the gay card....shocking

Posted

Your argument is evolving to cover its baseless homophobia.

Posted

To try and get rid of the stereotype and laws saying they shouldn't be parents.

Posted

It happens all the time despite what rodeo would have you believe..

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5466526/

The thing is...it happens...but the media wouldn't dare focus on the fact that the parents are homosexual at the initial discussion of the charges. I mean...what relevance would THAT have to the story right? What are you ...a homophobe?

Posted

A crack baby is kinda a heterosexual thing.

True, homosexuals can't make babies, much less crack babies.