Photo
- - - - -

Why are Gay parents always glorified as Awesome, Caring and Charming?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,383 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

So there are just as many gay parents as straight parents today? No. Wait until there are millions of gay families, then we will see that their kids will be just as f*cked up as our kids on average.

maybe so, but right now they're not. most kids of gays (more specifically lesbians, tbh) are doing fantastically well. no reason to poo on it, it's a good thing.

#17 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

When will you people learn that the "All" should not be judged by the "one" or the "few".

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,383 posts

Gays can't exactly have an accident that results in a baby like straight people can. It's always so depressing to see the pregnant girl in high school or the white trash couple with 4 kids and another on the way.

If you're a gay couple and you want a kid you really have to want it and work for it. So most gay couples who want kids are going to probably be pretty good parents just like the straight couples who are stupid.

It's pretty much the anti-gay crowd's fault for those study results. If they made it easier for them to marry and raise a child then you would see some bad apples start to ruin the bunch.

that's a pretty good point.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,415 posts

So there are just as many gay parents as straight parents today? No. Wait until there are millions of gay families, then we will see that their kids will be just as f*cked up as our kids on average.

Yeah. Just wait till the gay teenage pregnancy epidemic sets in!

#20 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Y'all don't know what it's like
Being male middle class and white

#21 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

On a related note: why are stupid and annoying things always given southern accents?

Because of HWood, stereotypes, and people who think all Southerners are racist.

#22 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

Also I watched some of the interviews with the cast and crew on Charlie Rose of that movie and I never really got the vibe that they were trying to portray gay couples as great parents. I'm pretty sure they just felt like making a movie about the complications of sperm donors.

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,110 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Yeah. Just wait till the gay teenage pregnancy epidemic sets in!

You're right, we can't. Gays get to window shop for their kids before they buy. You think they are picking some bad apple to raise?

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

Yes, cause if there's one thing millennia of parenthood have taught us, it's that you can tell what kind of person an infant will grow into.

#25 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,110 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

At least with the growing number of gay families, soccer will finally take hold in the US like the World Cup people on here are dreaming about.

#26 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,110 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Yes, cause if there's one thing millennia of parenthood have taught us, it's that you can tell what kind of person an infant will grow into.

so gays only adpot infants?

#27 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,518 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

Also I watched some of the interviews with the cast and crew on Charlie Rose of that movie and I never really got the vibe that they were trying to portray gay couples as great parents. I'm pretty sure they just felt like making a movie about the complications of sperm donors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that it is intended this way or that it was the focal point. Just that it's an incidental side effect.

#28 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

You're right, we can't. Gays get to window shop for their kids before they buy. You think they are picking some bad apple to raise?

I'm pretty sure it's the parent's fault for raising bad apples, not the other way around.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,750 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

studies show my ass

Note to Self: Avoid looking at studies

#30 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,110 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the parent's fault for raising bad apples, not the other way around.

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 13 July 2010 - 11:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.