156 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/huge

I think we have hit rock bottom. We now have a TV show based around being obese, and being proud of it. I think this is the absolute wrong message that needs to be out there to our kids.

Look at that girl on the front page. She is obese. She eats too much. She does not have to live like that if she had a bit of self control.

Being obese is not acceptable. Its not a disease. It is unhealthy and undesirable and ends up costing all of us as a society in the long run.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

I agree, but I also don't think we need the government to tell me I'm too fat, and that I need to lose weight. I saw I was fat and lost the pounds and have been able to keep it off without Government help. But lets get the nanny state in all aspects of our lives...we will be better for it...

#3 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

I recently took a psychology class where one lesson dealt with bohemia and anorexia. On break I ask the instructor why we were not discussing obesity. She agreed it was a bigger problem. I was one of two males in the entire class. Three out of four of the females were obese. This is obviously one of the biggest problems. Sure, the Victoria Secrets stuff hurts a young girls feelings. However obesity kills.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:44 AM

Who said anything about government stepping in? I don't think the government has any business getting involved either.

There is an absolute cure to being obese. Stop eating so damn much. Works 100% of the time. Fewer calories in, more calories burned. Instantly decreases your risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc etc etc.

On my flight a few weeks ago they sat me next to a very obese guy. His mass came over the arm rest on to my space that I paid for. What the fug. If you are too large to fit within an allotted space, you have to buy two spaces.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

Also, I am not talking about having a few extra pounds. I am not saying everyone should look like a swimsuit model. I like it when gals have some curves. I am talking about being obese.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

We need more edumacation. A lot of people eat crap three or four times a day because they don't know how to prepare a healthy meal.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

But they are getting involved and by 2014 we will have the food police. But I'm sure it's just another over reaction on my part.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

But I'm sure it's just another over reaction on my part.

At least you recognize it now.

#9 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

:lol:

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

We need more edumacation. A lot of people eat crap three or four times a day because they don't know how to prepare a healthy meal.

A lot of people do it because its cheaper in the short term to eat unhealthy. WV is one of the poorest states and I swear whenever I go up there at least 80% of the people are obese.

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

I think the government should step in, and it should look something like this.

Posted Image

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

A lot of people do it because its cheaper in the short term to eat unhealthy. WV is one of the poorest states and I swear whenever I go up there at least 80% of the people are obese.

If they knew that they could make a healthy, inexpensive meal in just five minutes they would do it. Instead, they figure only chefs can make that stuff and so they say eff it and go to McDonald's.

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:13 AM

I recently took a psychology class where one lesson dealt with bohemia and anorexia.

I'm just a little silhouetto of a man...

#15 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

It good that Jangler can notice when his butt is getting too big and fix it. It is bad that, obviously that plan ain't working for everyone. Nobody wants the government telling them what too do in any case. There are those that want the gov telling others what to do. I think much of the agents they are using to enhance profits in the food industries should be investigated and regulated. Don't look for that, with our representatives whom are more attainable than big macs. Just too much $$ in the food industry.
When I see a do gooder SOB on TV wanting to take toys from children, it just makes me want to pull him through the TV and have a good face to face talk if you know what I mean.
The Wii was a baby step in the right direction. As individuals we can do more to guide our children. Pull the cable on the TV. Get rid of the living room furniture.
It should be obvious that the present generation is going to be dying much younger than mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com