Photo
- - - - -

Gantt says Peppers is probably on the way out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

Because a lot of you may not see it in the great post by fiz:

must read post

Jovan Haye - he's a starting DT.......oh wait, nevermind.

#122 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,381 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

If this franchise knew how to make consistent, good player personnel decisions, I wouldn't be at all scared to see him go. But as far as I'm concerned, what we'd get for Peppers, valuable as it may be, would probably be mishandled with the scouting department and whatnot.

the aforementioned Steelers and Pats organizations can get away with things like that, that's why they're on top of their divisions almost every year, they know how to work the system.

#123 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Here are some options.

Dunta Robinson
Albert Haynesworth
Bertrand Berry
Rocky Bernard
Eric Barton

we could possibly get on maybe and i mean maybe 2 of these guys. ah would be the priority but i just dont see that happening. he would command as much if not more than peppers.

#124 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

His production isn't solely his fault. He came out this year and had a GREAT year. Coaching goes a long way. You have to put your players in position to succeed and John Fox and company didn't do that. I think he wants to stay in Carolina but he also wants to win. He's a low key guy so money doesn't matter to him as far as I see it. He just wants to win a CHAMPIONSHIP and I don't blame him if he wants to leave because of that.

Like he said, everything was right this year. And Fox STILL couldn't get it done. All he has is extra talent around him, the only reason he's considered a GOOD coach.

#125 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

If Pep wants to go that cool we will get good compensation for him. The thing is though, what team will he find that has a better chance of returning to the playoffs next year and also willing to give up so much for him. I think he will get tagged but will sign a deal my self.

#126 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if NE swooped in if we don't franchise him assuming they have the cap space..

#127 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

If this franchise knew how to make consistent, good player personnel decisions, I wouldn't be at all scared to see him go. But as far as I'm concerned, what we'd get for Peppers, valuable as it may be, would probably be mishandled with the scouting department and whatnot.

the aforementioned Steelers and Pats organizations can get away with things like that, that's why they're on top of their divisions almost every year, they know how to work the system.

We have had some good drafts in the past. Our worst round is the 2nd.

#128 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,381 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Oh no they haven't been bad at all. I'm just saying, out of all of them, IMO, Peppers has been the best draft pick we ever made.

Now a solid organization would take the value he's worth now and end up exceeding it with what they take, I'm very doubtful this scouting department could match or exceed the talent they currently have with Peppers.

#129 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

And we've shown signs of improvement there....Richard Marshall, Ryan Kalil, Dwayne Jarrett (hey, he shows promise).

#130 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Oh no they haven't been bad at all. I'm just saying, out of all of them, IMO, Peppers has been the best draft pick we ever made.

Now a solid organization would take the value he's worth now and end up exceeding it with what they take, I'm very doubtful this scouting department could match or exceed the talent they currently have with Peppers.

As good as Peppers is what is is with out an upper tier DE on the other side? We all said last year that Sacks dont tell you how good a player is and now it seem that we defend him with them. He has not played like old in a while and seems like he has hit a wall. IMO Beason could very well be the next Ray Lewis and we dont even know it yet. He is just amazing to watch.

#131 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

but but but.. we should have seen this coming and drafted Derrick Harvey! DUH!

lol..

Sorry, I ain't droppin' the Derrick Harvey mockery for a while...

#132 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Well, I'll go WAY out on a limb and say Pep WILL re-sign with the Cats. I think he'll stay. Trgo gets the axe, and Pep will love the new DC.

#133 VGcollector

VGcollector

Huddle General

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

I say Peppers stays as well. Hopefully next year with the draft coming up we can go all the way.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com