Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed

Have a Nice Day(Doomsday)

32 posts in this topic

That was interesting and a bit scary. Hopefully something that freaky doesn't happen.

I mean, what EXACTLY are the odds of a huge methane bubble manifesting and exploding, causing mass extinction? The percentage likelihood of this happening has to be pretty low.

What EXACTLY was the odds of the biggest oil pollution spill that will damage the Gulf Coast for years to come? I mean really?

1 person likes this

Well played sir. Well played.

1 person likes this

Can't we just light a big match?

"Hey Mars, check THIS out!"

1 person likes this

1.1 million tons of methane is released in the Siberian arctic shelf very year with little effect. that is way more than even the most grossly exaggerated estimates of how much methane is in the gulf coast.

it's bunk.

thanks. i didn't source because it was just a blurb i saved in a text file because i knew this topic would come up here.

as you can see in that article, there is a hell of a lot more methane being released than what is in the gulf coast.

1.1 million tons of methane is released in the Siberian arctic shelf very year with little effect. that is way more than even the most grossly exaggerated estimates of how much methane is in the gulf coast.

it's bunk.

According to that article, it's actually 7.7 million tons of methane released. That distances it even more from the Gulf Coast estimates.

Meat releases about 6.4 million tons of methane a year... all by himself...

the only problem I see is that methane is a really potent greenhouse gas

thanks. i didn't source because it was just a blurb i saved in a text file because i knew this topic would come up here.

There's a methane to your madness?