Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Close to Signing Terrell Owens????

170 posts in this topic

Posted

I can see it happening (good/bad whatever) just like the Panthers signed Key Johnson... wouldn't have thought we would have signed him with his locker room issues, but look at what happened... right after Moose left they signed another older veteran receiver

Posted

I doubt it happens, but since Fox is in the last year of his contract I could potentially see him pushing for TO if he doesn't believe the rookies will be a huge addition this season. He needs to put together a winner this year if he wants a new contract in Carolina, or a bigger contract outside of Carolina for that matter. So I could see him potentially pushing for a one year deal for TO.

But I seriously doubt it happens.

Posted

we already have a old veteran receiver in steve smith :D theres no use in getting t.o i want to see what the rookies can do full time.

Posted

On the Football field I think it would an ok proposition. But in the locker room things would probably go south, and all the attention from ESPN for all the wrong reasons would be annoying as hell.

Posted

Probably the best place for him. If he gets out of line Smitty can just smack him in the face.

Posted

I'd love it...for one year only. It'd make the season a bit more exciting. I mean, big deal ig he's a headache. It's just a game. It doesn't effect any of us at all unless we're serious gamblers, and if we are it's our own fault if we lose money. The Panthers are not family, we don't need to watch out for them or worry if they do something stupid. It's sports, it's entertainment, it's a chance to get away from the mundane crap in the regular world. TO would be a nice added nugget to an already wide open season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who would want that thrash? Big mistake a big no no

Posted

now THIS would be some news

This would fall somewhere between Key's termination and Caruth's incarceration in Panther news history

i have no opinion either way. The pros and cons lists are a wash as I see it

Posted

Would yall run out and buy a TO Panther jersey?

Posted

So which young prospect gets cut to make room for a 1 year guy? Don't see it, or at least I don't want to.

Posted

So which young prospect gets cut to make room for a 1 year guy? Don't see it, or at least I don't want to.

Who knows, but I'd rather have Ownes teach Lafell the art of being a tall WR, than DJ. Smitty can teach em how to block, but I think TO could impart some wisdom on the kid. But it ain't happening so it doesn't really matter.