Photo
- - - - -

Greg Gutfeld: Opening A Ground Zero Gay Bar For Muslims

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
317 replies to this topic

#253 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

I didn't get that from Obama. He seemed to speak only to this guys legal rights and to the importance of maintaining freedom of religion.

As for this guys motives. I get the feeling that I'm missing something. Can you give me a link or something telling me how we know he is pulling a nanny nanny boo boo on us?

I'm still looking for what you asked for, but I did find this...

http://www.jihadwatc...-tolerance.html

But some 9/11 victims' families say the issue isn't tolerance.
It's sensitivity.

"I don't like it," said Evelyn Pettigano, who lost a sister in the attacks, during a phone interview on Thursday. "I'm not prejudiced. ... It's too close to the area where our family members were murdered."

"I lost my brother, Sean. He was a fireman," Rosaleen Tallon said.

"As an American I am so proud of our freedom of religion, but I also think we have to be historically sensitive to what happened in that area," Tallon said.
Tallon wants to teach her son, Paddy, to be tolerant of other religions. But she wonders if other religions, like Islam, are teaching their children to be tolerant of hers. There are other places in the city, she said, for another mosque.

"I don't think that they would build a German cultural center right near Auschwitz. Just because you're looking at what happened to the people that died there. That's all that should be focused on," Tallon said.

#254 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

I didn't get that from Obama. He seemed to speak only to this guys legal rights and to the importance of maintaining freedom of religion.

As for this guys motives. I get the feeling that I'm missing something. Can you give me a link or something telling me how we know he is pulling a nanny nanny boo boo on us?

Not Reverend Wright type stuff, but enough to give one pause...

http://www.nationalr...bert-verbruggen

#255 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

http://www.jihadwatc...der-to-the.html

Zakaria either doesn't know or doesn't care that besides being an open advocate for Sharia and restrictions on the freedom of speech in his book What's Right with Islam, Rauf has (like CAIR) refused to denounce Hamas. He has lied about his commitment to religious dialogue. He has lied about whether the Islamic center planned for the Ground Zero site will contain a mosque or not. And he has lied about whether or not the project is getting foreign funding. He is involved with a group that helped fund the jihad flotilla against Israel.
The problem here is that Fareed Zakaria and everyone else in the world can tell us that Feisal Abdul Rauf is a moderate all day and all night long, but until these questions about his manifest duplicity and advocacy for Sharia are answered, their protestations will ring hollow.

#256 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

http://www.aolnews.c...action/19593665

Missing the Point
Like so much of the other stuff Obama says, this is an exercise in missing the point. The issue is not, legally, whether the Muslims can construct a mosque at Ground Zero -- that is, whether state action should prevent them from doing so as long as they operate in "accordance with local laws and ordinances." Of course not. That would be unconstitutional. But there's a lot of stuff that's legal that still isn't right. And so, when it comes to the mosque, the real question is whether it should be built, and at only this one particular site -- whether constructing it at Ground Zero is decent, and kind, and respectful of Americans' sensitivities. -- Carol Platt Liebau, Town Hall

#257 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn...ics-white_house

There is a video here.

#258 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

"Freedom to practice our religion."

#259 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

"Right to kill the infidel." ?

#260 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

A lot of the post I've been reading on here make it sound like this guy was a real radical who backs Al Qaeda. I have yet to see any sort of evidence that supports those claims.

The worst thing I've read was that he hasn't denounced Hamas. Of course not denouncing doesn't mean he supports Hamas. Even if he did support Hamas, that seems to be a gray area considering Hamas is the elected party governing Palestine.

Seems to me the argument that he is a Islamic extremist that supports terrorist is a pretty big stretch.

#261 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

Seems to me the argument that he is a Islamic extremist that supports terrorist is a pretty big stretch.

Not saying he's a terrorist. Just saying that if we're going to build a mosque there where so many Americans lost family members to Muslim extremists, the guy behind putting it there shouldn't have question marks in his views on Muslim extremism. And the president of the United States shouldn't be ignoring the feelings of the family victims just to up his street cred (which, with 50 cents will buy you a USA Today) in the Muslim world. Why not make these people show our way of life and multiple religions some respect before we bend over backward trying to prove we respect theirs?

#262 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Not saying he's a terrorist. Just saying that if we're going to build a mosque there where so many Americans lost family members to Muslim extremists, the guy behind putting it there shouldn't have question marks in his views on Muslim extremism. And the president of the United States shouldn't be ignoring the feelings of the family victims just to up his street cred (which, with 50 cents will buy you a USA Today) in the Muslim world. Why not make these people show our way of life and multiple religions some respect before we bend over backward trying to prove we respect theirs?

There isn't any evidence that he is a Muslim extremist. If the victims are upset about a Muslim Center or Mosque then that is misplaced anger. He and other NY Muslims did nothing wrong on September 11. Why should they have to face any sort of ramifications?

I'm glad our president didn't join in on the bigotry.

#263 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

70 Muslims died in the WTC attacks.

#264 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

There isn't any evidence that he is a Muslim extremist. If the victims are upset about a Muslim Center or Mosque then that is misplaced anger. He and other NY Muslims did nothing wrong on September 11. Why should they have to face any sort of ramifications?

I'm glad our president didn't join in on the bigotry.

Should have just stayed out of it. But the dumbass can't help himself. Oh well...35 percent approval rating.