Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers will trade for a WR...

167 posts in this topic

Posted

Its looking more and more likely to me. The obvious downfall of this squad this year and years to come is the lack of a legit receiver not named Steve Smith. No one likes to talk about it, but Smith is on the downward slope of his career. He will be losing a step from here on out starting last season.

Apparently drafting a WR is not our strong suit to say the least.

The only logical next step is trading one of our RB's for a WR.

It is hard to rationalize keeping 2 pro bowl caliber RB's and one extremely good RB (sutton) on the roster when we have zero depth at WR. None.

Posted

DWill for........?

Posted

I don't know, at this point I think if a team has a solid 3rd WR prospect that shows flashes of being more it would be worth trading Sutton for.

Posted

One would think that if they were willing to do this they would have done it earlier. Unless, of course, they expected LaFell, Edwards or Gettis to come in and play absolutely lights out (which I think is a bit unrealistic).

Posted

I know a team shouldn't play the loyalty card... but they've already stripped me of many of the players I grew accustomed to loving through the SuperBowl and beyond... If they were to trade away Jonathan or DeAngelo... I would have a hard time following them SMH...

Though I admit from a football perspective...I guess it would make sense....why have a bunch of jelly and no bread...

2 people like this

Posted

I know a team shouldn't play the loyalty card... but they've already stripped me of many of the players I grew accustomed to loving through the SuperBowl and beyond... If they were to trade away Jonathan or DeAngelo... I would have a hard time following them SMH...

Though I admit from a football perspective...I guess it would make sense....why have a bunch of jelly and no bread...

Would you trade sutton for a solid WR prospect? Lets be honest, a WR equivalent of Sutton would be an upgrade for us.

Posted

Would you take Clayton (Bal) for Sutton?

Posted

They won't trade one of our star RB's for a receiver.

Love your effort to stir the pot, but ya fail.

Name one team that has a receiver they are shopping, or would shop, that is worth trading for, and also have a need at running back.

Take your time, cause I'm sure you'll need it.

Posted

Sounds reasonable. I didn't think WRs were so hard to find. :crazy:

1 person likes this

Posted

Would you trade sutton for a solid WR prospect? Lets be honest, a WR equivalent of Sutton would be an upgrade for us.

Sutton? Seriously? What are they gonna trade us? lol

Posted

Would you take Clayton (Bal) for Sutton?

34 receptions last year.

yeah, probably would. This will be his 5th year, coming into his prime.

Posted

I would think if they were willing to do it, we would have gotten Boldin.