Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Paul on NY 'mosque'

135 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not conjecture. Tell me how just having some time pass is going to somehow make people like a guy who, even though he's been an advocate for cross cultural communication, vetted and employed by the State Department, etc. is still considered an ally of terrorists. What's he going to do to change that perception? Build in Hoboken? Then he'll somehow be nice?

Posted

Sure I'm making complete conjecture while at the same time giving BOTH sides some credit that HAD Imam gone about this the way I'm saying(and yes, don't know if he has or hasn't, hence the word conjecture) that the two parties could meet in the middle.

He doesn't have to meet bigots in the middle. He's perfectly fine as-is. He doesn't have to sacrifice his 1st Amendment rights to satisfy a bunch of people who are going to be intolerant regardless.

Posted

Seems to me this guy is just getting used. I don't think he did anything worst PR wise as any other organization or business getting ready to build.

Too bad for Imam that elections are just around the corner. If I were him, I'd keep on with my plans. It will be out of the headlines once Fox News and the Reps find some other tidbit they can exploit and use for fear mongering.

Posted

But guys. Think of the feelings.

Posted

He doesn't have to meet bigots in the middle. He's perfectly fine as-is. He doesn't have to sacrifice his 1st Amendment rights to satisfy a bunch of people who are going to be intolerant regardless.

can you name the bigots he would be meeting with?

Posted

Seems to me this guy is just getting used. I don't think he did anything worst PR wise as any other organization or business getting ready to build.

Too bad for Imam that elections are just around the corner. If I were him, I'd keep on with my plans. It will be out of the headlines once Fox News and the Reps find some other tidbit they can exploit and use for fear mongering.

Howard Dean thinks this guy should move elsewhere. A compromise. Hardly a Fox kinda guy.

Posted

No jumping here. Actually, we both are if you want to look at it like that. I would think had he done his DD LESS fallout. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Eh, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. I just think being offended by a mosque close to ground zero is pretty irrational and no amount of PR would fix that.

Posted

Eh, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic. I just think being offended by a mosque close to ground zero is pretty irrational and no amount of PR would fix that.

Possibly so. And thanks for totally getting the point. It's not a bigot or constitution thing from the angle I'm working. PR and biz. That's it.

But some are hysterical and maybe need a blanky and some warm milk. :smash:

Posted

can you name the bigots he would be meeting with?

poo pstall you have the point RIGHT THERE

He does not have to meet with Newt Gingrich, or Glenn Beck, or Harry Reid.

He met with his real estate agent and the city taxman.

Posted

But some are hysterical and maybe need a blanky and some warm milk. :smash:

Says the guy who's been whining about feelings in two threads for days now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hardly calling it whining. But once again, the powers of concession doesn't belong to the left. When your argument is weak or you get off track on what you meant to argue about, cry racism, homophobia or bigotry and that usually throws the other person off topic and then they throw their hands up and the other guy feels like they won but forgot what they were debating.

I need some Newcastles and football right now. Oh and lawn darts...

Posted

Hardly calling it whining. But once again, the powers of concession doesn't belong to the left. When your argument is weak or you get off track on what you meant to argue about, cry racism, homophobia or bigotry and that usually throws the other person off topic and then they throw their hands up and the other guy feels like they won but forgot what they were debating.

I need some Newcastles and football right now. Oh and lawn darts...

Hey guys, look at how weak our argument is. People oppose a mosque on the grounds of religion, but that doesn't make them bigots! And calling them bigots just shows how weak our argument really is! Add in the fact that, as I learned last night, calling a bunch of bigots "a bunch of bigots" really makes YOU the bigot.

the_more_you_know.jpg

Thank you Tinderbox posters for opening my eyes.

1 person likes this