Photo
- - - - -

Do we miss Pep?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I honestly think peppers wants to go deep in the playoffs and win a super bowl. The bears will be out of the equation I think for the next 2-3 years. If that's the case will peppers still have that burst or will he be a step slower? At least if he kept his butt here one more year then his chances would have been better. Plus the real difference he the contract he got with the bears and what the panthers offered him was the siging bonus and guaranteed money other than that he was looking at close to the same amount of money over the long term.

#42 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

I miss what could have been with Julius. I miss the athlete. I understand if he had to leave for personal reasons but he left us in a bind. However Hardy, Brayton, and Brown all look really good so far and the pass rush should be better. I'm excited for what we have and I'd rather have a constant rotation of athletic and hungry players like Hardy and Brown than 1 all world athlete who won't give his best when the team needs him.

#43 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

No. I'll rather have the young and hungry wolves

#44 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

I honestly think peppers wants to go deep in the playoffs and win a super bowl. The bears will be out of the equation I think for the next 2-3 years. If that's the case will peppers still have that burst or will he be a step slower? At least if he kept his butt here one more year then his chances would have been better. Plus the real difference he the contract he got with the bears and what the panthers offered him was the siging bonus and guaranteed money other than that he was looking at close to the same amount of money over the long term.

Pep doesn't care about winning, he got what he cared about.

#45 weyco2000

weyco2000

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:15 AM

We should lock this thread until at least week 3

Yeah, you're right! Peppers should have a sack by week 3. He averaged a little over 10-1/2 sacks a game here in Carolina. He ranks 48th in sacks http://www.pro-footb...acks_career.htm so is that worth a million a game?:icon_bs: How many times did he do the whole, outside speed rush and ran himself out of the play? How many times did teams run to his side and pick up huge chunks of yards? Peppers is a classic case of wasted ability, man all this typing has made me exhausted, I need to take some plays off.:Yawn:

Edited by weyco2000, 24 August 2010 - 01:18 AM.
link

#46 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

Pep who? You mean "Lil' Pep?" I think he needs a new nickname.

#47 weyco2000

weyco2000

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, I agree that's a lame nickname!

#48 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

i dont miss pep. he is an exceptional athlete, had played well for us, but i think our d-line this year will produce more than the line of last year did, and at a fraction of the cost.

he was just so damn expensive that i think the panthers really are better off without him.