Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roster Predicition / Roster cuts

369 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Jarrett should be gone...just don't know if he will be gone.

Agreed here. I don't think Jarrett not playing ST is that big of a deal in this situation because of all the backup defenders that can and do - it's not often that 3 backup DEs have the speed to play ST.

Posted

Agreed here. I don't think Jarrett not playing ST is that big of a deal in this situation because of all the backup defenders that can and do - it's not often that 3 backup DEs have the speed to play ST.

The point of that is what does he contribute? Nothing.

So you are going to keep a guy that does nothing, just because you don't want to go with your 3 drafted WR's? Don't think so, dude is gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Think we could get a 7th from Seattle for Jarrett?

Posted

The point of that is what does he contribute? Nothing.

So you are going to keep a guy that does nothing, just because you don't want to go with your 3 drafted WR's? Don't think so, dude is gone.

Yup, just like Kevin Dyson or Rod Gardner. Not saying he starts or is even active, but I think he'll make the 53.

I agree with everything you've said- I just don't see him being cut in the next 2 weeks.

Posted

I think that Fox has more confidence in the rookies than Jarrett.

You have a guy in Lafell that they obviously like, it is begining to look like he is going to be the #2.

No offense, but I stopped reading right here.

I have to agree though, I think Jarrett will be the surprise cut. I was rooting for Jarrett, but it's clear besides Smith that all we have right now is #3 and #4 receivers and it will stay that way until the start of the season.

Smith

Lafell

Wright

Gettis

Edwards

(Possibly Guy)

Posted

Steve Smith

Kenny Moore

Brandon Lefell

David Gettis

Armanti Edwards

Trent Guy (Special Teams)

Wallace Wright IR

Yes were keeping six, and will release Dwayne Jarret.

Posted

*Sigh*

Jarrett will be the #2.

Posted

Pretty sad when some people say our #2 receiver is the same guy others say won't make the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jarrets shown nothing, with FOx Lameducked he will just go for it.

Posted

Pretty sad when some people say our #2 receiver is the same guy others say won't make the team.

I never said it was a good thing.

Jarrett is a "veteran", he is still young, and he has shown as much as the other WR's (they've all shown little to nothing) this pre-season.

Posted

Hell, even Keary Colbert got a final year of being mostly-inactive.

Posted

If Jarrett was really on the verge of being don't you think he would have been getting more playing time yesterday? Gettis, Guy, Wright are all on the verge of being cut

Smith

Jarrett

Moore

Lafell

Edwards

Guy, Wright, or Gettis

My guess they try to practice squad Guy, put Gettis on IR with mysterious injury and Wright makes the team.

Dexter Jackson has absolutely no shot at this point.

And are you serious cut Brayton over an unproven rookie? Brayton looked really good against Baltimores first line o-line before he twisted his ankle. It would be an awful decision to cut our one veteran on the d-line even if he isn't starting.